General Area in 08873>Question Details

Eaj10303, Home Buyer in New Rochelle, NY

I would like to move to Somerset I have been told that some area are not so good, can you tell me which are the better areas with good schools?

Asked by Eaj10303, New Rochelle, NY Thu Jun 14, 2012

Answers

7
Donna Summers’ answer
I have lived in Somerset for 25 years. My children have gone to Conerly Road School and we have been so happy with the schools so far. I love Somerset!!! It's strength comes from it's people. We are a diverse bunch, we have churches of all religions . . . we are good, loving people. I like to think of Somerset as a slice of heaven.
Well there's one place I don't recommend that is somerset park dirty place I would move to other sections like somerset glen and somerset mews and Whitehall personally I fins these places good but to be honest somerset isn't that good of a county to move to b good luck
As real estate agents, we are prohibited from discussing which areas are good areas versus bad areas. This is because we cannot steer people to or away from one particular neighborhood.

However, I strongly suggest that you select an agent that knows the area and who can show you around. Your agent can help guide you to locate the right area for you.

I am extremely familiar with Somerset as I live in the area and could certainly answer most of your questions or guide you in the right direction.

Best of Luck!

Nayna Bawa
"Nina"
New Jersey Realty, llc
917-969-0093 (cell)
The intersection of Franklin Blvd and Hamilton Street. stay away from that whole entire area. Not that its thaaat bad, but its close enough.

Schools: Hillcrest (best. very good in math & science), Macafee & Franklin (tie in my book). Pine Grove is one of the worst. Basing this on the annual AYP stats. Sampson (5th & 6th) has come up over the last few years and is now doing good. the HS - not good stats - but your kid can succeed if he wants to. I settled on Macafee for both academic and demographic reasons and was very, very, happy with this school.

If you have kids i elementary, you would need to choose a school first, then move into that area. You can call the Board of Ed to check which EXACT address is zoned for which school. They need an exact address though. Or you can have your agent do that.
Hello Eaj,

I use to own a home in Somerset and do lot's of work in Somerset area. Can definately help you with your question. Call me at my Cell# 732-277-9321.
http://www.vishalmaher.com
I am a real estate agent in Somerset, NJ. I can give you a tour of the different areas so you can make an informed decision yourself.
Feel free to contact me at 732-995-6213
Stacey Nix
RLS Realtors, Real Living
Since real estate agents would be in violation of Federal and state laws to advise on this information, I would highly suggest you visit the town and conduct some research on the various towns.