General Area in Carlsbad>Question Details

Gigi Drummond, Renter in Carlsbad, CA

I would like to move on. from this horrible situation - in order to do so - I will need to find a house within the Rancho Carillo School Distrct -

Asked by Gigi Drummond, Carlsbad, CA Tue Aug 17, 2010

that has a first floor bedroom and bath - one in which the landlord is current on their mortgage (see I learned ) and willing to do a long term lease as my little girl starts Kindergarten at the end of the month. To accomodate my family I am looking for 5 bedrooms - and 3 baths - air conditioning - etc. Is there anyone out there who has read my questions, blog, or who is reading this, that can help me find something?

Help the community by answering this question:


Hello Gigi,

Send me your email address and I can send you some rentals that are out there. Be very careful about Craigslist and I have had clients send me ad to verify and I found out it was a scam. IF anyone is asking for you to send them money and they will send you keys, that is a scam. Some people are finding homes for sale and putting them up as rentals when they have no ties to the home. Good Luck and I hope to hear from you.

Raschel Kloos, Realtor
760 845-4744
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 17, 2010
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 28, 2014
I have a rental in Rancho Carrillo. 5 bedrooms and 5 1/2 baths. It is turnkey. email me and I will send you listing. For whatever reason Trulia did not pick it up from MLS.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 28, 2014
Hopefully with short sales and foreclosure situations representing only a small portion of properties in today's market, tenants will be less likely to have an unfortuanate surprise request to vacate.
You can research yourself on several websites like Trulia and Zilow whether a property has a notice of default which indicates you need to have a discussion with your landlord about what is going on with the property which could affect you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 11, 2013

My best advice would be to go to your local real estate office(s) and ask them for a "Renter's Hot Sheet"

And of course Craigslist.

Good Luck,

Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 17, 2010
I would try craigslist or a MLS site where you can find rentals. For example,

In CA, 1 year leases are standard, but lots of portfolio investors like a long term tenant. If a landlord is in default on their mortgage this should be public record. I have a way of looking this up on Realist tax records. I don't know if you would have any access, but you can look it up.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 17, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer