General Area in Atlanta>Question Details

Greg Johnson, Home Buyer in Atlanta, GA

I would like to know the advantages of buying a house/investment property using lease options?

Asked by Greg Johnson, Atlanta, GA Tue May 1, 2012

Answers

6
Do you mean buying the home and leasing it out? There are amazing benefits to this. As an investor you can increase your ROI as well as help someone in need obtain the home of their dreams. I am not sure what the numbers are today, but several years ago only 30% of lease purchases actually ended up purchasing the home. For an investor this is good, because when the Leasee defaults you keep the escrow money and Lease it again.
I can teach you how and answer any other question you may have on this subject.
Give me a call 770-238-2299

Have a Great Day
Andrea
I tell all my buyers that want to lease/purchase a house that they are better off renting. I think we all can agree to this.
Greg,

Lease/purchase agreements are typically structured to favor the seller's interests. A Lease purchase agreement is for buyers who cannot qualify for a loan themselves. To compensate for the added risk, the seller is going to charge a higher interest rate than you can find elsewhere.

So riddle me this: why would a seller want to take on the additional risk that you would be able to rent his property AND generate enough income to pay him back?
There are no advantages that outweigh the disadvantages of a binding lease purchase transaction, for the tenant-buyer.
Web Reference: http://intowninsider.com
Hello Greg

I dont think Lease Purchase is not a good way to invest, Leas Option is always benefit the owner.

If you need assistant please give me a call, I have worked with investor for 5yrs in Atlanta, please call me at 404-914-6977 or latisha@pierealty.com
It is basicly for people who are unable to obtain a mortgage loan. There are more disadvantanges than advantages. But if your credit is in need of a year to help repair negative items, then this may be a good option.