General Area in 33433>Question Details

Maria Ferrei…, Real Estate Pro in 33434

I would like to buy myself an Ipad or Tablet, which is compatible with the MLS. any advice from realtors.?

Asked by Maria Ferreira, 33434 Sun Jun 17, 2012

Answers

10
On the MLS homepage it will direct you to Kurio which you can download on your iPhone and your iPad. This will give you access. To the Palm Beach MLS.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 24, 2012
Cool! Thank you!!
Flag Fri Aug 24, 2012
Both are compatible... all they need is an Internet connection and web address. Trulia, Zillow, Realtor.com, etc., are all there for you.
Dear Maria,

On the IPAD, there is an application called Kurio. You will have access to the MLS.
I signed up on my PC and downloaded it to my IPAD.

Sincerely yours,
Jen Sommers
Nestler Poletto Sotheby's International Reatlty
Web Reference: http://www.AgentBoca.com
Go to the MLS website they have a link you can download onto your tablet called Kurio, this will let you search on your tablet or your smartphone.
The best website for all your tech equipment is http://www.pdapowerplus.com
It helps with using tablets and android and iPhone.

Cyndi Shaw PA
Coldwell Banker
561-289-6655
For the Palm Beach MLS you have to utilize Kurio website for the searches as it does not allow for you open the direct MLS link. I hope that this helps!!!!

Good Luck!!!
Vanessa Vargas
Keyes
I agree with the others: Check with your local MLS system and see if it recommends any. And you might find a deal or special offer from your local board of Realtors. And just for clarification, an Ipdad is a tablet--Ipad is the name of a series made by Apple. The Ipad is supposed to be excellent, though some users don't like Apple's closed system and a few technological issues (Jobs' decision not to allow Flash to run on Ipads, for instance). But there are other really good tablets out there--Samsung, Asus, and others.

Let us know what you decide.
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
Both will work just fine... This is more a familiarity issue.

Stay where your comfort levels are.

There are some individual advantages to both. Get very familiar with one, then you can delve into the other at your leisure.
One caveat... on the Ipad you may be required to run an "IE emulator", as the local MLS requires "Internet Explorer", and is not compatible with Safari or Firefox, .... So you may need a little help... Apple Store can help...
Flag Sun Jun 17, 2012
I have an ipad, which works just fine for me.
However, you can always ask the local realtor association in your area what they would recommend for the local MLS. I would google "realtor association" with your county or location to see who that would be and just give them a call. They would be happy to help!
Obviously tablet is better because it is bigger and easier to see and use. Much will depend on your mls system, cell data system you use and things like that. I suggest making sure you get something that receives cell tower data and wifi so you can select one or the other and not be limited to a wifi only tablet which won't do much on the road. Your Board of Realtors I bet would have someone that could help you.