General Area in Atlanta>Question Details

Looking for A…, Home Buyer in Atlanta, GA

I would like to buy a home in West Highlands from Brock Built properties. Any advise regarding this area and this builder?

Asked by Looking for A Home in Atlanta, Atlanta, GA Thu Dec 3, 2009

Answers

8
Steve Brock inherited some real savvy and customer service smarts from his Dad and Mom. I like everyone that I've met on his team, and I like the quality of their communities.

I am an unabashed fan of the lovely Ansley Brooks, Brock's top salesperson for 4 years, who has been diligently selling at Huff Heights (as best as possible), finishing sales out at Dupont Commons and helping buyers in all of their communities as far as I know. (Even the poorly placed "Eight on Carroll" community with it's provocative view of a mile wide rail yard)....

So West Highlands and Habershal at West Highlands are a triumph of potential. Their location represents one of Atlanta's greatest triumphs of urban renewal, because Perry Boulevard and Perry Homes were a nationally known urban blight back in the 70's and 80's.

I say a triumph of potential because the rest of the quality of life developments, retail amenities and other sexy Westside updates that were "coming soon" if you heard any Westside builder's pitch back in 2006-2007, are not here yet, especially in the immediate vicinity of West Highlands.

And from the looks of it, they will not be here for a while, unless you count the new Family Dollar store on Bankhead near English Avenue...

Prices are super attractive per square foot, Brock has managed to stay in business by being smart and running lean, and because they didn't get too big for their britches.

If this is what you want then there are no other comparable locations this close to downtown, really.
Web Reference: http://intowninsider.com/
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 6, 2009
Steve Brock and Brock Built Homes both have excellent reputations in Atlanta. From building EarthCraft certified homes in Intown Atlanta neighborhoods, to recent OBIE awards to news on their recent incentives, you can discover this and much more about Brock Built homes at Atlanta Real Estate Forum. I have had the pleasure of working with Steve and the Brock Built team for several years. Best of luck with your new home!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 5, 2009
Hank, I owe you lunch at Carver's Country Kitchen - holler at me next time you are appraising a property on Gun Club Road or on Rock Street.
Web Reference: http://intowinsider.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 4, 2009
I have a listing in West Highlands and have clients and friends that have purchased in Brock Built neighborhoods. They have a great reputation and all the feedback from my clients has been positive. Here is the link to the listing:

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/976-Arthur-…

If you'd like to speak with the homeowner personally to answer any questions I'd be happy to arrange that. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Adam
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 4, 2009
No wonder buyers and sellers in the city don't use Google, they use Taylor.....heard he's working on the Tiger Woods case and another 10 women are ready to come out....Why do you think Gloria Allread cancelled her news conference yesterday!

100% in agreement with everything he said - especially the part about the "triumph of potential" for the area. The smart clients understand that nothing is anything until it's there - and even then it can quickly turn back into nothing. In short, don't believe anything about "plans for", if you do then hop in my truck and ride around with me while I appraise shells of homes 3-5 years old in areas "regentrifying" again and again.

Bottom line - you better use an agent and it better be Lee. If you don't you'd be foolish and you'll learn about that trap he's mentioned the hard and expensive way!

Hank
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 4, 2009
West Highlands and Habershal by Brockbuilt are great communities. I've shown the homes there a number of times to clients and have been really impressed with what they have to offer. Shopping and retail in the immediate vicinity are sparse, but nothing is too far out of the way. My impression of Brockbuilt as a builder is positive. The homes are well built and have a real attention to detail. Overall Brockbuilt and West Highlands are a winner in my book!

There are also some really strong incentives associated with buying in this community. Let me know if you would like more info. I would be happy to help you with this!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 4, 2009
Buyer,

Brock Built is a very reputable builder. They belong to the Greater Atlanta Home Builders Association, they are a certified Earthcraft Builder and have built some great Communities. Their focus has been intown properties and in my opinion have been very successful. I am a former Builder and have been very pleased with their quality. Make sure you are represented by a full-time professional Realtor who look out for your best interests!! Good luck and congrats!
Yes, hire a realtor with expertise in that area. It is free to have your own agent represent you and the seller pays commission. Take advantage of having an expert on your side negotiating in your best interest. I can't say it enough... hire a realtor!