General Area in Wildwood>Question Details

Peggy, Both Buyer and Seller in Philadelphia, PA

I will be relocating and am looking to buy in the wildwood area.I wanted to know what is best a condo or home?

Asked by Peggy, Philadelphia, PA Sat Sep 25, 2010

Answers

4
James Scott, CRS’s answer
Peggy,
Great question: Single Family home vs. Condo/Townhouse. In the Wildwoods, where I live and work
offers great value in both. To best serve you, please let me know your criteria. Bedrooms, baths and preferred location. I will be glad to send you my picks in both Condo/Townhome and Singles. Since you say,
"Wildwood Area", there are great values in nearby areas such as Cape May Beach and Tranquility.
I see you are identified as both a Buyer and Seller. If you have not yet chosen a Realtor for your present primary, it would be my pleasure to interview and find a CRS* agent for you assuring you of a top professional in the top 4% of ALL realtors nationwide. Your feedback is essential.

Jim Scott,CRS*
Broker/Owner 609 425 7121 to 9 PM daily.
At The Shore Realty
*There are over one million REALTORS® in business today.Only 37,000 hold the
Certified Residential Specialist Designation.CRS is the symbol of excellence in
residential real estate. Our members have proven they have the experience,
continuing training and commitment to be the best in their profession.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 26, 2010
Condo or Home? At the shore it always seems to be a question. Buying a condo means less work probably new construction , but you will also incur fees Home owner association fees. Something also to consider is make sure you are looking to buy in a stable association meaning occupancy is either full or mostly full. Special assessments can be applied to your unit also for common areas. Probably a little easier to get insurance also depending on how close you are to bay or ocean.

Buying a home you have maintenance of the structure and yard. Of course you can pay to have the maintenance taken care of also. Home ownership at the shore can be rewarding.

For both being at the shore you have to consider where you are purchasing also. Owners rent their places during the summer months so that too can be a nuisance For example condos can have someone renting next to under neath or even over you with loud party's or get together s. This is mostly synonymous with the shore since many people come here to have a good time, to get away from life's normal problems and let go a little at the shore for vacation Homes also have similar problems but the privacy is probably a little greater. certain areas in the wildwoods are known more to have year round residents than seasonal or even rental units. The closer you are to the beach , the more likely you will have renters in the nearby area.

Any other questions please contact me.

Larry Sarlo
Weichert Realtors
609-868-1171
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 25, 2010
Hello Peggy:

It depends on your needs and affordability. Will you be living alone or have family with you? Keep in mind your price range and also remember that most condos have association fees. So you need to decide what would be the best fit for you.

If you need any other help, feel free to contact me anytime!

Good Luck to you!
Gina Fagnani
GinaFagnani@aol.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 25, 2010
If you are looking for a better investment you really should search the properties in the Crest or in Cape May. Having lived there for 20 plus years both as an owner and a renter: slide over to the Crest for a much better value. As well as no crime and better residential quality. A Reich, L. E. H. nj.