Peter, Other/Just Looking in San Francisco Bay Area

I was looking for homes Orange County CA I have heard of Laguna Beach and Huntington Beach

Asked by Peter, San Francisco Bay Area Fri May 4, 2007

Is there another town that I should be looking at.

Answers

17
Orange County, CA is the southern suburban step child of Los Angeles. It started off as a farm area for berrys and oranges but after Walt Disney built Disneyland in 1955 things started to change.
Many people no about this area but don't know Anaheim is nearly the center of "The OC". Home of both Disneyland and The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. To the west is Huntington Beach or Surf City. To the east is Yorba Linda, Richard Nixon's childhood home and Presidential Library. Go north and there is Knott's Berry Farm (it's an amusment park not a real farm) and keep going you will be in Hollywood and LaLa Land. South Orange County is recently famous for hit TV shows, like The OC set in Newport Beach, MTV's Laguna Beach, and a reality show, Real Housewives of Orange County, filmed in Coto De Caza and other posh locations outside the gates.
So with that little bit of a verbal virtual tour you may realize you know more about Orange County than you first thought!
Web Reference: http://sellingcaldreams.com
Orange County has so much to offer and the proximity to the coast provides an ideal climate that allows for year-round enjoyment of its beautiful parks, golf courses, nature trails, and beaches. Both Laguna Beach and Huntington Beach are right on the coast and offer a great lifestyle, but each city has a distinct feel. There are many other coastal towns in Orange County and the best thing to do is drive down the coast, get a feel for each town and go from there. Go with someone who knows the areas and that you can trust to give you honest answers. There are a variety of homes and condos to suite everyone’s needs. If it's living by the beach that you are interested in, I can't pick a better place than Orange County.
What is this? "Let's dredge up 3 year old questions and give copycat answers to them" week?

Is this a Trulia issue, where tired old threads are resurfacing for some reason?
Web Reference: http://tr.im/FreeMLSSearch
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun May 23, 2010
Peter,

There are so many great cities in Orange County. It really depends on your budget. The most beautiful, picturesque and unique city is Laguna Beach. It's the perfect escape from life's craziness! But to live in Laguna you pay a big price. You really can't buy anything under a million. You had also asked about the commuting. Commuting out of Laguna can be really tough during peak commute times due to the lack of access.

Another charming beach city is Dana Point it's what I call the "Sleepy City" and it's located right next to Laguna Beach for half the price. It has a charming harbor and was one of the "Beach Boys" favorite surf spots "Doheny" before they built the Jetty. I call it sleepy because it doesn't get all the tourist traffic and congestion that Laguna gets.

As far as Huntington Beach goes it's like a plain hamburger. You get the meat "The beach" but it doesn't have the charm that Corona Del Mar, Laguna Beach or Dana Point have.

I'd be happy assisting you in your search for a great beach close home in Orange County. Have a great one!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 19, 2007
Orange County is an extremely diversified county with lots of different communities to choose from. Most people start with their commute time to work first and then pick a community within reasonable driving distance.

If you're working in Los Angeles, you might be looking in North Orange County, Huntington Beach, Seal Beach, Cypress, Foutain Valley.

If you working in Irvine, you could reasonable live anywhere in the county since it's in the center.

If you working in San Diego County, you should consider San Clemente, Dana Point or San Juan Capistrano.

If you'd like to live next to the beach, but have a limited budget. I would recommend looking in Dana Point or San Clemente.

If you like the weather hot, you might consider inland, Coto De Caza, Rancho Santa Margarita, Yorba Linda or Anaheim Hills.

Your choices are too numerous to mention. A good suggestion if you've never really been to our fair county is to take a few days and have a friend or REALTOR give you the grand tour. Each city has it's own unique qualities. The question is which one is right for you and your needs.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 14, 2007
Hi Peter,

It all depends upon what your needs are. Are you looking for good schools? Close to work? near beaches? There are wonderful communites that range from ocean front homes to high rise condos.

I'd love to send you some listings if you like?

Karen
Have you decided where you will be looking for housing? I work in Laguna, so I wanted to follow up with you to see if you're ready to go to the next step? Let me know. Thanks :)
Hey Peter,
It really.... really depends what you want in the city you will live in... are you a surfer or beach fanatic? Is that why you want those beach cities or are you just interested in a beach lifestyle? Or the weather? There can be at least 50 other questions to ask to help you narrow down which city is best for you...
If you want help narrowing down which cities could work for you, and your budget, write me and we can talk about it... This would be a great time to get into Orange County if you are truly considering it... You won't have a break in prices along with GREAT RATES for a long time... possibly ever! We have a taken a pretty ridiculous drop in prices so you can get a lot more home for your buck...
Newport Beach and corona del mar come to mind
Search all OC listings below

http://www.homebuyershope.com/custom1.shtml
Peter,

This all depends on your needs, preferences and work location. You need to take a trip down, drive the areas and talk to a realtor regarding your price qualifications. They will be able to best narrow things down for you.

Sounds like a coastal area specialist would be best for your needs.
Hello there.
In regards to Century 21 Superstars. I am selling my home with Century21 Superstars in Anaheim, CA. Close to Knotts Berry Farm and Disneyland. Depends what your looking for and price range. My home is 3 bedroom, 2 full bathrooms. Total remodel on almost everything and very, very new kitchen. Granite countertops, stainless steel appliances and a great pantry with roll out shelves.

Very clean looking home.

Also, a private yard with pool that we use every summer or when the weather is pretty warm. Our neighborhood is very sought after and I have awesome neighbors. I'm relocating to another state in a few months.

The price of my home is $549,000. We just dropped it by $10,000 recently. If you get a chance, look up century21 Superstars website for Orange County and look up zip code 92804.
823 S. Oakhaven Drive. Good Luck.
I would be happy to send you information, data, and statistics on cities in Orange County...HOWEVER.....Stop the Presses!!.....A winning Buyer's Business Plan is based on the things important to you...the customer!!

I would like to hear what YOU like in a city before recommending anything.......

Let's start a dialogue.

Kurt Steinhebel ** Century 21 Superstars ** 714-718-7156
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 28, 2007
Wow - people have a lot to say. Why are you looking at those two cities is the most important question. As a CPA and Broker Associate, I also want to make sure you are protected. Check us out if we can help.
Web Reference: http://www.TheOCExperts.com
Laguna Beach has lots to offer. You’ll never be bored: sun and sand and art and dining and entertainment; arts, spirituality, spas, and coffee shops; fashion, sports, and plenty of amazing real estate. Laguna has a great sense of community and neighbors taking care of each other and supporting the city and businesses. It’s culturally and socially diverse and warm and friendly. I specialize in Laguna Beach and my office is two blocks from the sand … please let me know how I can help you. Irvine is amazing, too! It gives you great employment centers, with fortune 500 companies headquartered throughout; there’s plenty of entertainment, shopping, and wide open outdoors spaces for sports and just general outdoor fun. Irvine is a very convenient and geographically-desirable town, as it is right in the middle of everything. You’ll be a max of about 20 minutes away from anywhere in the OC. Please feel free to browse my website for full access to all socal MLS listings.
There are many very nice communities I am partial to Ladera Ranch as I have lived here for over 5 years. The community is very family oriented especially if you have younger children. There are numerous activities, parks, swimming pools, sports activities and more. Ladera Ranch is located just east of Mission Viejo off of Crown Valley Parkway and Antonio Pkwy.
Web Reference: http://www.oc2home.com
In South Orange County, I recommend that you pick your town by your lifestyle. Laguna Beach, is a hip art community, with a famous past and present. Laguna Niguel is the inland neighbor of Laguna Beach. Dana Point is has a cool harbor, and is known for it's series of year round festivals . San Clemente is the surf capital of south orange county. You really can't go wrong.
Web Reference: http://www.rorysiems.com
Take a look at Irvine and Newport Beach