General Area in Encino>Question Details

Kevin, Home Buyer in 90067

I've started to look at houses in SFV and I'm concentrating my efforts within Encino, Lake Balboa and

Asked by Kevin, 90067 Mon Apr 21, 2008

Reseda.
How would Trulia readers rate the towns and property values amoung those 3 area? I want to know which area is better in terms of hold value.

Any specific sections I want to stay away from?
Thank for your advice!

Answers

11
As far as rating, I will rate Encino as 1st choice, Lake Balboa as 2nd choice, and Reseda as 3rd choice in terms of holding values. Within Encino, homes south of Ventura Blvd are historically more highly coveted and thereby generally hold their value more. Feel free to search for properties on our website http://www.BogunEnterprises.com. Because this market generally favors buyers, there are other areas within San Fernando Valley and around Encino with properties South of Ventura Blvd that have held their value and are also highly desirable such as Tarzana, Woodland Hills, Sherman Oaks and Studio City and you can get really great deals at the moment! Call me at 818-825-6996 for further assistance.
I live in Encino and the other agents are correct in that the homes there seem to keep their value better - mostly due to how close to Ventura Blvd., many schools, and religious areas. Lake Balboa is becoming the new attraction and the prices are fairly good. Reseda does not seem to hold its property value well and has some shady areas.

If you are interested in having some listings sent to you, feel free to call me at (818) 268-8099.
Encino is a really great area, with very nice homes ranging from small bungalows to large estates. Because of its proximity to Ventura Blvd, the homes are higher priced. Property values seem to have stabilized.

Lake Balboa is a real up-and-coming area with many tract homes that were built in the 50s. I've seen a huge influx of investors flipping old properties, updating them and selling them as turn-key homes in the 400k range. I live in Lake Balboa and love it because there are so many parks and mature trees and friendly families. Property values will likely increase due to the flippers.

Reseda is much like Lake Balboa, but is further away from the 405.

Happy hunting!
I agree with Bandele Oguntomilade.
If you work with local inventor they can provide you with all statistics about this area.
In general, I see more foreclosures and short sale in Reseda, while Encino city has them, but much less.
Hi Kevin -

I would agree with Bandele in regards to ratings. I have done numerous purchases and refi's in the Lake Balboa and Encino neighborhoods lately....there is a lot of activity within those two areas. Prices in the Lake Balboa area especially terrific terrific right now and with the near all-time lows of current interest rates, mortgage payments are at their lowest levels in years.

If you would like some information on the financing and/or pre-qualification and pre-approval process, please let me know. It's an important first step as most Realtors will need a pre-approval letter to submit with an offer once you find your dream home as most sellers and their agents will not entertain offers without a pre-approved client in today's market.

I also have some great free reports on my blog/website you can request. Just visit my website, select the Free Reports tab and contact me via the embedded form for which reports you would be interested in.

Good luck on your house hunting and please feel free to contact me at anytime with questions and/or for assistance.

All my best,
Jeff Cook
The CA Mortgage Guy
Hi Kevin!
As far as a rate goes I think is
1.Studio City ; 2.Shernman Oaks and 3. Encino.
Here is my web site :( http://www.rumi.listingbook.com ) that you can be able to recieve every morning free report with update houses on the market.
I live and work in Encino. If you have any questions feel free to call me: 818-913-3886
Rumi
Hi Kevin,

The wealth of the SFV is primarily consentrated in: Studio City, Sherman Oaks, Encino, and Toluca Lake. You can view all available homes for sale in these areas by visiting my website: http://www.homes.la
Hey good old Mark, Glad to see you are nice enough to share all the great tools you use to find real estate, You are right the whole darn world shoudl use every free resource possible to make sure the see every possible hose or condo for sale. I just hope when it comes down to making the offer and handling the whole rest of the process they will use and agent or lawyer to help them out. Looks like you looked for something in sherman oaks a few months back, a similar town home like the one you wanted to buy on june is now available for around 550. let me know if you want to see it Good Ole' Michael
Web Reference: http://realestate-818.com
Michael Leznik is really cool for setting "you up with direct MLS Guest Access to search with out hassle - mleznik@gmail.com Michael Leznik Keller Williams Encino - Sherman Oaks 310-497-3033"

HEY, KEVIN I'LL SET YOU UP WITH MLS GUEST ACCESS!
Go to themls.com and click GUEST SEARCH.
That's what the whole damn world does!
SEE? WHO NEEDS GOOD 'OL MICHAEL!?
You are better off looking where the prices have already dropped. That way you can ride the housing market back up over the next few years.

The concept is similar to that of stock traders that sell short and buy back to make money as the stock rebounds.

Also, you may consider looking in areas that have a high inventory of homes for sale (like 10 months or more). These sellers are going to be much more likely to entertain all offers, even ones that are much less than the asking price.

To learn more, click on the link to our site. Or look for LA Home Search on your favorite search engine.
Web Reference: http://www.LAHomeSearch.com
You are better off looking in Encino, that area has shown the smallest decrease in home values in the SFV over the last few years, the furthur North you go fromn Ventura Blvd the more danger you face. There are many pocket ( not listed in the MLS ) homes for sale that we have access to if you are interested. I can set you up with direct MLS Guest Access to you can search with out hassle - mleznik@gmail.com Michael Leznik Keller Williams Encino - Sherman Oaks 310-497-3033