General Area in Homer Glen>Question Details

Karen, Home Buyer in Homer Glen, IL

I've heard that Homer Glen water bills are higher than most suburbs in the area. Is this true?

Asked by Karen, Homer Glen, IL Mon Jul 5, 2010

If this is true, why? Doesn't Homer Glen get city water?

Answers

5
Yes it is true. Here is the reason. Homer Glen gets city water in some areas. They receive it from a private company and the bills are higher than other suburbs. I have been told that the bills have to do with the allotment of Lake Michigan water and who it was purchased from. The other idea is that since Homer Glen was not a town at the time the water was acquired, but an unincorporated area, the price was a higher than surrounding towns. There are goods and bads in every town. And there are areas in Homer Glen that have private wells. That is more economical. I have this in my home and we have no problems. We have a reverse osmosis system and our water is clear as crystal. But if you want city water, that is what you pay. You also have fewer city taxes because of this, although the tax rate overall is similar to other areas. But you have virtually no crime. I have lived there for 40+ years and it is a great place to live. If you want to know anything else about Homer Glen, please call me at 888-788-9544. I would be happy to help.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 23, 2010
Yes it is. It is serviced by a private water distribution company that has no competition at this point.
That said homer Glen is a great town with a lot to offer. If you would like to know more about Homer or any far west suburb feel free to call or email: 630-257-1432 or Paul@ExpertRealtyServices.com.
No. I personally have lived in Homer Glen for over 25 years. The average water bill for a family of three in Homer Glen is around $130 for any reasonable person. If you're looking to move into some of the lovely shaded neighborhoods, it can be even less (less lawn watering).
between $200-$300 a month. Homer glen is very expensive, yes it is city water.
Yes, especially during the summer.