General Area in Omaha View>Question Details

Wendysue, Renter in Kansas City, MO

I received a three day notice to quit after they told me what I owe it says that they elect to forfeiture my lease

Asked by Wendysue, Kansas City, MO Sun Dec 11, 2011

am I being kicked out or are they saying pay your rent or we will come after you???

Answers

5
Kathy Miller’s answer
You need an answer from someone familiar with MO law. See if the State Bar Assn or the Kansas City Bar Assn has a list of attys who will help you pro bono (without payment). You might also check to see if you are elegible for services through the local legal services/legal aid society. Good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 11, 2011
Wendy a notice to quit is the evcition notice, the demand for rent is what states pay or we will evict. the old saying is if you pay you stay, if you dont, you wont. You can always check with a lawyer or google landlord tenant law for your state to see how evictions work in your area. Good luck working things out
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Wendy,
Did you read the 3 day notice?

Good luck and may God bless
They're saying you have 3 days either to pay the amount you owe or to leave.

I'm not a lawyer and don't have a copy of your lease, but if you leave owing money, they probably still could come after you.

If you pay within the 3 days, then (unless your lease provides otherwise) you can stay.

If you don't pay within the 3 days and you don't leave, your landlord probably will go to the sheriff's office to have you physically evicted.

For further clarification, see a lawyer.

Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Burke, VA
Wendysue, it sounds like they want you to pay your rent. If you don't, then they will start eviction proceedings.