General Area in Rusk County>Question Details

Christian, Home Buyer in Madison, WI

I own a 40 acre parcel in washing township in Rusk county and am the First deed holder. Can I get an?

Asked by Christian, Madison, WI Mon Nov 12, 2007

easement for the property at the expense of the county?

Help the community by answering this question:


You could go to the Rusk County Board and ask, but they are not required to provide an easement for you as so many people think. I tried to get 30 feet for a client from a township and as it was explained to me, they would have to use Eminant Domain to take an easement from the other owner. The only way that they would do that is if it was for the good of many. It involves civil action and the legal expenses would be on the taxpayers. Property CAN be landlocked. Your best bet is to try to negotiate with an adjoining landowner for deeded access. This can be paid for or in trade for a portion of your forty. Before you do anything consult an attorney.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri May 9, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer