General Area in Marietta>Question Details

Maggie, Home Buyer in Marietta, GA

I may have inherited some money and I am looking at homes in Hasty Meadows Subdivision.

Asked by Maggie, Marietta, GA Sun Sep 21, 2008

I am wondering if anyone is famillar with this neighborhood. I like this general area and I am looking for a 3 Bed/ 2Bath. With a 2 car garage to live in for probably ten years or more. Would I be better off buying in this neighborhood or Cedar Creek?

Answers

5
Maggie -

Hasty Meadows is generally stable, it has good locational desirability as well. There are a few rentals in there and I have seen a few flips as well. Overall the neighborhood has come a long way over the last 15 years as the homes have been better maintained and updated.

I recognized you from an earlier question and at that time you asked about Cedar Forks and given that I don't see anything under Cedar Creek, can I assume that it's Cedar Forks you mean?

There are several differences between the two communities. Cedar Forks is a bit larger with homes featuring a more contemporary design. These homes are a bit newer and with the multi-level design tend to be a bit larger. There has been more activity here over the last 18 months and sold prices tend to be a bit higher.

A major difference for me is the shcool district - Cedar Forks is in Pope, Hasty Meadows in Sprayberry. Pope is far superior in perfomance and when it's time for you to sell (even though your're not thinking about that now) that will be a significant advantage for you. There are several other things to look at as well, but those are the high points.

I know this area like the back of my hand, appraising and selling in here since '93, stubby pencil work and crunching data is what we do best. Let me know if I can offer any additional help.

Hank Miller, SRA, ABR
Associate Broker & Certified Appraiser
REMAX Greater Atlanta
678-428-8276
Dear Maggie,

You are looking in the geographic area I know best! Please call me to discuss the options. I would love a chance to find out more about your goals and let you know what I can do to help. I specialize in NE Cobb County and am very familiar with the choices on the market. I look forward to hearing from you. :)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 21, 2008
Maggie,

There are many great homes available in this area. As you know it's a great time to buy a home and buying now will ensure you make a great investment for the future.

I'm not sure you are going to be working with all cash or getting a loan, but don't rule out looking for foreclosure properties. There are many to choose from in the Cobb county area and many of them are in great condition.

If you need some assistance finding a great deal don't hesitate to give me a call.

James Dudley
ERA Sunrise Realty
678-781-7418
james.dudley@era.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 21, 2008
Hasty Meadows is a neighborhood with low turnover. There is only one house for sale in there. That is always a good sign for a solid neighborhood to have a low transition rate. If the objective is to live there for ten years or more it is a good investment. Right now you can get a good deal on a house and you will more than gain appreciation in a ten year period. Please let me know if I can be of any help.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 21, 2008
This area of East Cobb is lovely, stable and offers all the conveniences in shopping, interstates and Atlanta. I live in this area in a neighboring sub to Hasty Meadows and we enjoy the quiet enjoyment that you look for when buying property.

Hasty Meadows is predominantly brick ranches in varying degree of updating; some properties have enclosed the carport and/or expanded the dwelling. Neighboring subdivisions offer membership in their swim/tennis community, and the properties are on large and predominantly flat lots. We enjoyed putting our children through the school district and if schools are an important choice in making your decision I will suggest looking up the scores and reports in the GA Dept. of Education websites. School districts and performance change from year to year, as does size of classrooms and curriculum.

I will be happy to assist you in obtaining the answers that will help you make the best decision for your household and your real estate purchase.

Lynn Monachese, CRP, SFR
Residential Sales
...A Resource You Can Trust!
Off: 678-784-4388
Mob: 678-462-3179
Fax: 678-301-4170

lynn.monachese@atlantarealestate.net