General Area in Weymouth>Question Details

Lucy L., Both Buyer and Seller in Massachusetts

I'm thinking of relocating to North Weymouth. What do you think of it? I have two children.

Asked by Lucy L., Massachusetts Thu Dec 27, 2007

Answers

7
Totally depends on what is most important to you: schools? prices? accessibility/ public transportation into Boston? It is tough to answer this question without more details on your personal situation and what specifically you are looking to accomplish.
South Weymouth is much nicer
Thanks Lucy L., it was nice to start my morning off with coffee and your post. Congrads on a successful purchase with a happy result...

Continued good luck, Dunes
Thanks Liz and others! We actually did buy in North Weymouth not too long ago and love it! There's tons of stuff for the kids to do and it's exactly as Liz says - down to earth. A refreshing change from Newton! Thanks for the feedback!
I live in North Weymouth. I moved here 3 years ago, actually I bought my House with Kimberly Allard (through a buyers broker named Pat), she also answered this question! My Husband and I love it here! He has an 8 year old son who loves the time he spends at our house because he has made friends with the kids on the street, we can walk to the beach, and he LOVES seeing the T-boat and ships go by! My Husband and I love how it really feels like an old fashioned small town. Everyone is so neighborly, everyone knows eachother. They look out for eachother. The people in this neighborhood seem like very down to earth real people. No one puts on any airs, they are just nice hard working people. The 4th of July fireworks in this end of town are AMAZING! not just the fireworks, but the whole community is having parties, BBQ's, there is usually a band and things going on down at the beach etc. It's a really festive atmosphere. My husband says everyday feels like we're at a summer house on vacation, but we're home! My Step-son goes to Quincy Schools because that is what his Mother wanted, but My Husband and I checked out the Wessagussett school since thats the one closest to our house, and it ranks as one of the best schools in the area, (It actually beats the Quincy school for MCAS results). Hope I helped your decision a little bit!
N. weymouth is very commuter friendly... Like any town it has different ares that offer different things. Its hard to answer without knowing what you are concerned about and what your specic needs are. If you would like a complimentary comminity profile of N Weymouth please contact me. Best of Luck !
Weymouth has been getting more and more popular since the Big Dig is done. Better commute by car and the commuter rail have made a difference.
I have helped several relocation clients in that area. They usually like the proximity of the ocean and Cape Cod.
Check http://www.weymouth.ma.us for more info!
Veronique
617-477-5079