General Area in Irvine>Question Details

Paula, Other/Just Looking in Laguna Niguel, CA

I'm relocating to Irvine, and have 3 children (1 in high school, 2 in elementary school). Looking for the best family oriented neighborhoods?

Asked by Paula, Laguna Niguel, CA Sun Apr 29, 2012

Answers

13
Paula, just following up. Have you loaded the Trulia Mobile app to your smart phone? You are going to love Irvine depending on your budget because you are in for a big price difference from Illinois. Check out Quail Hill area and if you have an interest in some very high end homes you will love Shady Canyon. My office is just outside of Shady. Best of luck to you and the family.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun May 27, 2012
Hello Paula,

Irvine is one of the most sought after area's in all of Orange County. Irvine is a fantastic place to raise children. Children can safely play outside or ride their bikes on the many greenbelts. The city is packed with parks and bike trails. The schools are very good and there is no shortage of fun things to do in the community. The weather is gorgeous with mild summer and winter temperatures. Irvine is a planned community so everything is well thought out and beautifully landscaped - a visual feast for the eyes. Yet there are plenty of untouched open spaces as well, some of which are open to the public for hiking and exploring.

Finding the right neighborhood for your family requires additional details. I personally like north Irvine. However, depending on your budget, these are the areas that i would recommend.

1. University Park
2. Turtle Rock
3. Turtle Ridge
4. Shady Canyon ($3 Million and above, high rent area)

We have several rental and For Sale listings in all of these areas, I would be more than happy to explore your options further. You can call me at 949-295-6491 or email at Frank@ShamooTeam.com with your budget and detailed home options. I will forward you properties that are in your price range.

Frank and Jennifer Shamoo
Realty ONE Group, INC
949-264-2177
The Shamoo TEAM!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 29, 2012
Hello Paula,

It's good you are considering Irvine, its school district is one of the best. You have many choices of homes and schoosl to meet your budget. You can search on the internet or team up with an agent who can do the work for you and suggest some options for you to consider while you are in Northern California.
When you are ready, you can also visit my site http://www.RajSellsHomes.com and it will give you good information, but there is nothing better than contacting a Real Estate professional and I will be glad to assist.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 26, 2012
North Tustin is a nice place to consider. Good schools and nice neighborhoods for kids to have a lot of fun.
Hello Paul,

Welcome to Irvine - one of the safest city in the nation and top ranking schools. A great family oriented neighborhood you should consider for your family is Quail Hill: University High (one of the highest ranked nationally), Alderwood Elementary (newly built within the community-walkable) and average year built homes-2004. Contact me for any questions and available homes for your family.

James I. Park
Park Realty Group, Inc.
Mobile: (949) 838-6810
E-Mail: James@ParkRealtyGroup.com
Website: http://www.ParkRealtyGroup.com
DRE Broker License: 01102173
Good morning Paula,

Irvine as a city is a great choice overall. There are new developements being built in north Irvine and the entire community itself has many neighborhoods with HOA and Mello Roos that continue to keep the parks and surrounding areas very clean and family oriented.

It will depend on whether you want to be part of paying this type of HOA or Mello Roos as some other neighborhoods in Irvine you will be able to find with very low monthly fees or even none at all. The north lake and south lake area are great as well as the neighborhoods closer to Irvine Valley college or the University. Not to mention you wonderful local elementary schools and and nature preserves nearby for walking and biking all around the city.

I would definitely visit the homes during the day time and again in the evenings to get a feel for what you and your family like the most. Some others like smaller newer built communities like Woodbury or Turtle Ridge where the park is inside the community of homes instead of the community of homes surrounding the large parks.

This should be a fun and exciting decision to make and there is alot of great inventory of homes to choose from. If you need help on further neighborhoods please feel free to contact my office anytime with questions you may have.

Cordially,

Alex Dao

PREMIERE CALIFORNIA REALTY

> ONE PARK PLAZA SUITE 600
> IRVINE | CA | 92614
> Office: 949-852-4460
>Direct: 714-603-6266
>Toll Free Fax: 866.421.4890
>Toll Free Line: 866.923.2568
>CA License No. 01300537
>Email: info@premiereca.com
Hi Paula,

Irvine - America’s Safest City for a Seventh Consecutive Year, I am truly grateful to be one of the residents and business members in City of Irvine.

There are two school districts that provide public education to the citizens of Irvine http://www.iusd.org & http://www.tustin.k12.ca.us. All my three children graduated from Irvine public schools and got into top notch colleges.

Best wishes to you and your family.
Christina Shaw
RE/MAX Fine Homes
949-648-0011
http://www.FindOCHomes.net
How could any questions about Irvine not include Woodbridge, so popular with young families because of the
lake. Irvine is such a great place to live but does depend on your budget. All the schools are good, but specifically some offer some different specialties that may
attract you. Some are more competitive academically than others and that is
also another consideration you should
think about. You are looking for a home
at a time of low prices and all time
lowest interest rates. You have great
buying power. If you need help, please
call me!
Sally Picciuto
First Team Real Estate
714-716-6031
Web Reference: http://Sallypicciuto.com
You are smart to look for the best family oriented neighborhoods, and you will have lots to choose from at Irvine, CA - where our public schools are some of the best in Orange County and the state.

Realtors with experience will provide you with lots of valuable information about homes and neighborhoods.

If you are relocating to Irvine for business or an employment opportunity, that's also good. Irvine mayor says we have about 190,000 jobs and 212,000 residents - so we have more jobs that people who are residents over the age of 18.

Call me if you have questions about Irvine - family oriented neighborhoods and homes and real estate in our city.

Harrison K. Long, Realtor, GRI, broker associate - CA DRE 01410855 - Coldwell Banker NRT, Irvine, CA.
949-854-7747
http://www.LiveAtIrvine.com
Hi Paula:

Irvine neighborhoods are all good. Price is the key, demand and supply are the doors.

Grace Tu
First Team Real Estate
949-302-0888
My Irvine clients told me that they did all the research and found out every school in Irvine has very high API scores and they feel comfortable for their kids to attend anyone of them. In my opinion, it depends on your kids' personality and I may offer more specific advice. You may reach me at AdaN@RealtyOneCA.com or call me at (714)478-8468 with any further questions.
You have to be in neighborhood that belong to ini high ( no 1 rank in irvine ):
Quail hill,turtle rock ,turtle ridge

Other choice are the neighborhood that belong to northwood high (no 2 in irvine )
Northwood pointe,northwood,Porto
A spring and stone gate in Woodbury
Hi Paula, Irivne has some of the best family neighborhoods in Orange County. The school system is top notch. Both my children attend irvine schools.

You have many great areas to choose from. The neighborhood vary in age from brand new to 40+ years old and most of the newer communities have CFD or Mello Roos tax on top of the standard property tax.

Also keep in mind that irvine is extremely popular for family's due to the quaility of education and so prices are higher then neighboring cities.