General Area in Sandusky>Question Details

Lulumooncat, Home Buyer in McAllen, TX

I'm moving to Sandusky, Ohio. What area should I buy a house there? I am not sure. Also what area to stay out of?

Asked by Lulumooncat, McAllen, TX Tue May 17, 2011

I wanna be out of high traffic areas (Cedar Point traffic) , close to shopping, quiet newer neighborhoods

Answers

10
I see that your in Huron which isn't too far from Sandusky. I agree that driving around may be the best option to get an idea. You can also do a search for Sandusky neighborhoods and that should help as well. If you have any other questions, I work out of a Sandusky office and would be glad to help you. Good luck with your home search!
Web Reference: http://dawnshouses.com
Norwalk is longer than 15 minutes from the Sanusky Mall. Perkins Township has a low crime rate. Schools in Perkins have been considered one of the best districts in the area. Traffic is not a problem as the amusement park, Cedar Point, uses only Milan Road. Kalahari is in Huron, on Milan Rd./rt 250. Locals know when to time their errands in the summer, if using Milan. I've lived in Perkins for 50 years. The entire area is great because it offers big town choices (restaurants,movies,mall) but is small most of the year. Taxes and water are higher. Our first home was in Sandusky but moved so our daughter could go to Perkins Schools. Best of luck to you.
There are many desirable neighborhoods in and around the Sandusky area. There are several newer locations in Perkins Township which has a Sandusky mailing address, that meet all of your requirements. We've grown up in the area and know it very well. We'd love to help you locate the perfect home for you.
I would not move exactly to Sandusky I would move to the nearest city. Because Sandusky is high traffic every where, because of Kalahari, Cedar Point and other stuff.

However, if you will need help with unloading services I can suggest you one professional, fully insured and licensed moving company I used my self. It was Your Right Move LLC. They providing the most affordable moving help in all OH-PA-MI-IN-NJ-NY-CHESTER WV Areas.They helped me to move from NY City to Ashtabula OH. Movers were great, careful, strong and professional. Here is there website if anyone is interested. at http://www.yourrightmovellc.com You can also call them at 8889763966 any time

The best area in Sandusky, Oh is Perkins Township thiers more quiet areas and its more closer to stores and restaurants.
Again, you need to find and agent to represent you that will help you one on one...
Thank You for your help. I'm actually from Mcallen, TX not Huron, Ohio. I don't know how that happened on my profile. Due to the fact that I live so far away, driving the area isn't practical until I have it narrowed down to a few and am ready to make an offer. I've actually found a couple online but I've had no luck having realtors respond to my inquiries.
Sandusky and its surrounding areas are quite diverse. There are both old and new(er) developments that may suit you, perhaps you might enjoy downtown or waterfront living in the city. Only you can determine what interests you. Find a Realtor that can show you the various options of the Sandusky area. Share your likes and dislikesThe Realtor you choose will help you find your new home...
Your question is not one I can answer because in real estate terms that is called "steering". What I can tell you is to drive around and ask many questions. I would also check the City of Sandusky website to see what statistics they have available for your review.