General Area in Houston>Question Details

Ginny, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

I'm moving to Houston in Feb. 2014 I plan to rent an apt. short term while deciding where to buy. Whats the best area to rent? SBF with elderly mom.

Asked by Ginny, Chicago, IL Tue Nov 12, 2013

Answers

7
Hi! are you looking for a short term house or apartment? i can help you!~ Jan
Ginny ...

It's no so much the area, but what short-term rentals are available. I suggest you contact a locating service (there are dozens here ... just Google "Apartment Locators Houston"). They have far more information than we do. I assume you'd want a first-floor unit. If you'll let me know what your budget is as far as a home is concerned, I can send you some information that will prove helpful. My contact information is below.

Regards ...

Al Geffon
Trend Setter Realty
(713) 213-6350
al@geffon.net
Web Reference: http://www.har.com/algeffon
Hi Ginny, Congrats on the upcoming move to Houston. You should like it here. Very diverse city with so much to do. People are awesomely friendly. I moved from Connecticut over 25 yrs ago and never looked back. If you know where you will be working you will most likely want to look to live somewhere that will make for an easy commute. Give me a call or email when you know where that may be and we can begin to look for short term rental possibilities and once you get set in, you can decide if you have established an amicable enough relationship with your bank to know if you would like to use them or if you would like to use a mortgage broker and then we can get you started with loan applications and move towards finding homes that fit your criteria and are an acceptable distance from your work. Hospitals are plentiful so healthcare for your mom will not be a problem. Good luck. Hope to hear from you.
Mari Kaye Lasewicz
BuySellLiveHouston@gmail.com
713-417-2797
Flag Tue Nov 12, 2013
Hello Ginny, while most rentals are long term, there are apartments that have provisions to do sheet term rentals as well. Several areas are good, but it would be worth looking at what your preferences are regarding the amenities in that area as well as commute to work, etc. so you get familiar with the surrounding before you purchase.

Persis
REALM Real Estate Professionals
713-294-7747
Persis.realtor@gmail.com
The folks at A-1 Apartment locators have all been locating apartments for 20 plus years. 281 -556-1421
The best area to rent is close to where you will be working. Houston is extremely diverse and you should be able to find something that you like in just about any area. There are also many good hospitals and medical facilities .Let me know if I can be of help. hmackinnon@remax.net 832-964-5619
Hello, my name is Patricia Parker with Dane Realy.
It really depends. Katy, Memorial, Galleria area are good areas. Bellaire Texas which is off of 610/Bellaire is a really nice area as well. What is the range you are looking to stay in? You can reach me at 281-345-2800.
Ginny,

Most private rentals are for a year minimum. Apartments can do 3 months, but they typically will do 6 month minimum leases now because the rental market is very strong in Houston.

We can pull up those communities that offer shorter leases and email those to you. The list would include photos, possibly floor plans, prices, etc. Let us know if we can help you. No charge. The apartment community pays us a small finders fee to assist you.

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.