General Area in Chicago>Question Details

jason1, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

I'm moving to Chicago for a summer internship, what are the best areas for young professionals?

Asked by jason1, Chicago, IL Wed Mar 28, 2012

Answers

14
It depends on where your internship is. You probably want to be close to that. Theres tons of great neighborhoods out there!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 28, 2012
Jason,

Go to homeologychicago.com, Based on your needs we can help you find that right neighborhood in the city or suburbs.
The near north and near west side can be great for a young professional. Many factors come into play such as proximity to work, being close to public transportation, night life, etc. I'd be happy to help if you are still looking. Call/Text/Email me any time

Brian Bleers
Century 21 SGR Inc.
(630) 414-5373
brian.bleers@century21.com
you will love it out here their pizza is reallyreally good and they have any store you can name
Jason,

What do you like to do for fun?

Sohail A. Salahuddin | Broker Associate I Visionary

Innovative Property Consultants Team l Sales and Leasing

Jameson Sotheby’s International Realty

425 W. North Ave. | Chicago, IL 60610 

O: 312.929.1565 | C: 312.437.7799 | F: 847.805.6030

"Local Experts, Global Reach"
I am in the same situation....what did you decide to do?
The Hyde Park area and Lincoln Park areas are the most suitable both areas bring different ammenties to the table. I can assist you in exploring both areas through rental(short term rental units are avaiable) and buying markets.please feel free to contact me @ 708 925 4076 or diana@findingourbalance.com I look forward to assisting you in the near future.
This depends on the following:

Where will your internship be?

What type of lifestyle do you prefer? night life, active life?

What type of businesses do you need to have near you?

You see, its not about what area is the best, its more about what area fits your needs the most. You are going to enjoy Chicago in the coming months with all the activities and festivals we have. I truly hope you find the right place and get to enjoy it all. If you need more help please feel free to contact one of these agents or my friend Karla Mina at 312-498-8473. Good luck!
Hi Jason,

There are many different places and they depend on were your internship is located so you're not stuck in traffic if you are driving or you have easy access to public transportation. Some of the most popular areas are Bucktown, Wicker Park, South Loop, Loop, West Loop, River North, River West, Lincoln Park and Lakeview.

Jameson Sotheby’s International Realty

425 W. North Ave. | Chicago, IL 60610 

"Local Experts, Global Reach"
Jason,

Depending on your budget I would recommend the following.

Lincoln Park, Lake View, Gold Coast, Old Town, River North, South Loop

Jose Hernandez
Coldwell Banker
312-788-7079
No better place to be than Chicago for the summer. Depending on where you are working, your budget and your need for public transportation you should stay within the following parameters: Addison to Cermak, The Lake to Ashland.
If you want to live downtown and are working downtown, I would recommend Old Town, River North, River West, Gold Coast, West Loop. All are easy access to the loop and have many restaurants, shops, nightlife and attractions that attract young professionals. All have easy access via bus or train to downtown and surrounding Chicago areas. Please let me know if you would like help finding a place to live.

Carly
Baird Warner Oak Park
Carly.mazur@bairdwarner.com
a $900 1 bed in Wrigley from apt finders