General Area in Albuquerque>Question Details

Pala Dan, Home Buyer in Commercial Circle In...

I'm moving to ABQ in January 2014 searching neighborhoods. I like artsy, hip, dog park, restaurants, professional people, etc. Any suggestions? Thxs.

Asked by Pala Dan, Commercial Circle Industrial P, Springfield, OH Tue Sep 3, 2013

Answers

20
Hi Pala. I'd suggest checking out http://www.cabq.gov (the official web site for the City of Albuquerque) for information on dog park locations and a bunch of additional information that may be helpful. There are a number of areas that may work for you and your pup. Let me know if I can help. Thank you.
Hi Pala!

Nob Hill is definitely artsy and fun! I worked at a restaurant (Il Vicino) in that area for 5 years and had a BLAST! Different mix of people and the food is great in that area! Would highly recommend it. Homes are a bit older but there is a lot of pride of ownership in that area. Home values in this area are some of the best in the city due to the proximity of UNM. Biggest issue with homes in this area (in my opinion) would be, again, the age. Outdated electrical and roofs to be more specific.

Let me know if I can help! :)
Hi, I am not an agent but I'm from the midwest like you. Nobb Hill is charming and like the old, active downtowns from the 60's and 70's. It has lots of cool, unique restaurants and unique shops. You will find lots of anitique shops along Central.

This is one of the few places in town where you will find original bungalows, Victorians, etc. A lot of them appear to be the Sears kit homes sent to NM by train c. 1900-1924. Central, old Route 66 cuts right through it. You would love Nobb Hill. If you get the right place, you can walk to Popejoy, the University of New Mexico's profession theater/stage that hosts traveling Broadway shows like Lion King and Phantom of the Opera.

Another area that is up and coming is Uptown with on street parking. (It's very pretty at Christmas time there.)They just put in a Target, there are lots of unique restaurants and a mall just a short distance away. The developers took that corner and made each shop look unique. There are lots of upscale restaurants, movie theater, dentists nearby, Pottery Barn, Eddie Bauer (?), Apple store, Fidelity, Talbots and underground parking.The area is off of Louisanna and I-40. The area housing seems to 1960-70's ranch one-level which is great if you want to decorate you house in mid-modern.

If you want the art scene, there is Old Town. Sometimes you can find a nice place to live nearby. This is the first part of town that was settled and built up in c.1900. But if you really want art, go to Sante Fe. Be aware that Sante Fe is awfully expensive with little shopping for regular people. It is a charming tourist town with Canyon Road, the street of galleries that rival anything in New York City or Paris. I like Sante Fe but you get more for your money in Albuquerque, plus the city has the only major airport in the state. I prefer to visit Sante Fe and come home to Albuquerque.

As a newcomer, you should consider joining Meet-ups on-line. There you can meet people that like to bike, hike, write, follow the art scene, etc. They post all of their meetings on-line and it's free.

Unless I can communicate with you by phone or primarily email at realtyperson@gmail.com
I would not waste your time or mine here. I can give you all the info you need in a matter of minutes if you communicate with me other than through this medium.

Good Luck

Max Sklower
Owner of Broadcast Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 7, 2013
Hi Pala,

If you haven't been to Albuquerque, I would suggest taking a weekend to come and tour the area. It can help give you an idea of which areas interest you most. The city is relatively small, so you can basically get from one end to the other using the freeway in about 15 minutes.

As in any market, price range can factor in which areas may be options as well as other criteria that you may have.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions regarding the city or buying a home.

Leigh-Jo
Syan Real Estate
Call/Text: (505) 730-8181
FREE Listing Alerts: http://www.syan.com/alerts
Web Reference: http://www.syan.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 7, 2013
I'm a young professional moving there too and I like the same things as you! So, let me know if you wanna hang out sometime. I'm looking for new friends :D

Ashley
There are definitely some options meeting that criteria. I'd love to take you around the city and show you some places. But first it would be good to know more information so we can hone in on exactly what you're looking for and what price range you want to be in. Give me a call if you'd like my help in your search. Welcome to Abq, hope to hear from ya!

Lucas Coshenet, Broker with Venture Realty Group
505-506-0067
Lucas.NMrealtor@gmail.com
http://venturenm.com
There is no point in discussing this without getting information

Otherwise it is wasting Pala time and yours and mine.
I just listed a great home in Nob Hill Area. See details below:

$229,000
3 Bedrooms
2 Bathrooms
1189 SF
1728 Bryn Mawr Dr NE
Albuquerque, NM 87106

The Charming 1189sf Pueblo-style Home Was Built On Or About 1945. Worth A Decisive Look If The Sought After Area Of UNM And Nob Hill Area Is On Your List. Truly Centralized Location And Only Minutes To Restaurants, Shopping, Parks And Easy Freeway Access. Absolutely Charming Best Describes This 3 BR, 1 3/4 BA Home. Marvelous Hardwood Floors Flow From Living Room Thru 2 Bedrooms. Master Bedroom has Flagstone Floors And Is Separated From Other Bedrooms. Covered Patio Opens Up To A Big Backyard For Outdoor Relaxation. Front And Back Yards Are Nicely Xeriscaped.

If you would like more information, please feel free to contact me via 505-252-2715, christellapadilla@yahoo.com, or christellapadilla@parginrealty.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Have a wonderful and very safe day.

Christella Padilla
Pargin Realty ERA
505-252-2715
Hi Pala,

I have sold many homes in different areas of Albuquerque, but when client have requests such as yours, it seem they gravitate to UNM (University of New Mexico), Nob Hill, Ridgecrest areas and also north of Downtown Albuquerque.

Nob Hill area is a vibrant district bursting with eclectic shops, swank dining, and chic nightspots. Route 66 neon signs and architecture combined with predominantly locally-owned shops, galleries and restaurants make Nob Hill a hip and fashionable area located just east of the University. With its historic buildings, abundant neon and high style, Nob Hill is Albuquerque's premier district for unique shopping, dining and entertainment. It's not only a place where locals frequent, but a popular spot for visitors as well.

If you're thinking of relocating or retiring to the Albuquerque area and are considring buying a home or condo in the Downtown area, downtown Albuquerque now features new condos and townhomes, renovated cottages, new homes and lots to do for the area resident. There is an urban feel in Downtown and EDO (or Huning Highlands) that does not exist in the rest of Albuquerque. The sidewalks are wider, the buildings are taller, the stores are near enough to one another to do some window shopping. You can even find an old exposed brick building or two. Many older homes in this area. Historic "Old Town", the museums, The Rio Grande Zoo and many other tourist attractions are located here as well as the Convention Center and office buildings. Convenient to the I-40 and I-25 interchange.

I would love the opportunity to help you with your search. Please feel free to give me a call to discuss your situation and requirements. I’m very familiar with the area within and outside the Albuquerque area, and can provide you with all the specifics of what you need in a home. People like to know what to expect. You deserve an agent you can trust, respect and work well together with. Please know I will always put your needs, wants and desires above my own. I’m on your side! I assure you that I take my duties and obligations toward my clients very seriously, and will diligently strive to represent your best interest to the fullest extent possible. Being successful isn't lucky or accidental, it's on purpose. I love what I do, so with this said I would love the opportunity to help you.

If you would like to speak to me about you’re the essentials of the home you are looking for and the buying process, please feel free to contact me via 505-252-2715, christellapadilla@yahoo.com, or christellapadilla@parginrealty.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Have a wonderful and very safe day.

Christella Padilla
Pargin Realty ERA
505-252-2715
Hi, I'm from Ohio too. What brings you to Albuquerque?

There are a lot of great areas to live in Albuquerque. What type of property are you interested in? Single family home? Condo? Townhome? How many bedrooms? Bathrooms? Is a 2-car garage important? Call me anytime to discuss.
John Newcomb-REALTOR 505-554-0373
Equity New Mexico
Office 505-349-5289
Hi Pala,

There are several communities that come to mind, some of which are located in the NE part of Albuquerque with very nice homes, great local schools, plenty of unique shopping, dog parks, lots of people parks and plenty of diverse dining to choose from . Then there are the North Valley areas with Grand Older Homes surrounded by older mature landscaping and trees, and are so homey. A lot of these homes have been updated with new windows, remolded kitchens, upgraded bathrooms,new flooring (hardwood and tile) and have lovely lush yards. These areas are close to Old Town which is loaded with art, restaurants, entertainment, lots of walking and biking trails and close to greenbelt nature trails and museums. These are a few of the areas, there are more.

Of course the prices, size of homes, amenities the homes and neighborhoods have to offer will vary from community to community and even within the communities. It all depends on what you like, what your needs and wants are, and the price range you feel most comfortable with.

Let me know when you are planning your next visit to Albuquerque. I will be happy to show you the different areas of the city and we can view some of the homes as well. Thank you.

Linda Hays
You can see what Albuquerque has to offer at my site http://www.HomeSearchABQ.com. For what you are looking for, plug in searches for 87102, 87104, 87106 and 87108. These are the areas I work and feel free to use my site to browse and preview. Lots of tools including email alerts that you can set up to your own specifications. Call when you're ready to look for properties in January. I'd love to work with you.

Alyce Martin, Broker
Alyce Martin Realty
cell: 505-331-8285
http://www.HomesearchABQ.com
The area from downtown west to the river and north to the museums is like that. It is also well priced and getting some significant upgrades now on top of a 25 year run of improvements. It includes downtown, Old Town, the Country Club area, the Rio Grande River, the museums, the Government and legal centers, the historic and cultural centers, and the river oasis in the high desert. Call or email me to discuss your plans and needs.
Pala

I can help you like I have dozens of other folks looking for properties.

However, I cannot really do a good job for ANYONE unless I have more specific information on what you want to spend. And how many bedrooms and bathrooms you require and number of cars for garage. Also if you would be satisfied with a condo or a townhouse.

I do NOT charge for my expertise. If we find a property you want and a transaction is initiated the sellers pay my fees if the transaction is completed.

Please contact me when it convenient at: realtyperson@gmail.com
or call me toll free at 800-888-8581

Max Sklower Owner/Broker of Broadcast Realty.

I look forward to hearing from You Pala!

Max Sklower
It depends upon your budget, but definitely the UNM (University of New Mexico), Nob Hill, Ridgecrest area sound like what you'd be interested in. There are also some areas just north of Downtown.

In these areas you'll find charming older homes within walking distance to restaurants, parks, entertainment. A real mixture of residents: folks who have lived in the area for years, young professionals who want the same types of amenities that you do, and young families because the schools draw children from the University, Law School, and Medical School.

If you want to talk about great places to live in Albuquerque, just give me a call!

Doni Lazar
Ida Kelly Realtors
505-977-1483
That is an easy question to answer. Nob Hill and Ridgecrest. Contact me if you would like more suggestions or you can visit the link below for more info.

http://rt66central.com/index.html

I can show you around town when you arrive. My contact info is below.

Joel Sanchez
Venture Realty Group
505-514-8741
sanchezjoel13@gmail.com
In ABQ most things are close by and not too far. However, it sounds like you would be attracted to the Nob Hill or Downtown areas.

Adam Pehrson
Sandia Peak Realty
Adam@SandiaPeakRealty.com
http://www.SandiaPeakRealty.com
505-401-0496
Sounds like my neighborhood which is Nob Hill on historic Route 66. I've lived in 7 different homes in ABQ but have come back for the very reasons that you list. Check out: http://rt66central.com/

Route 66 continues west into the downtown area which will also appeal to you.

I'd be happy to help in this transition and having lived all over town--I know this place!
julieabqhome@gmail.com
Depending on your budget I would suggest Uptown, Nob Hill, Downtown Lofts.