General Area in Brigantine>Question Details

Tina, Home Buyer in New Jersey

I'm looking to buy a home in Brigantine,nj. I've noticed the homes on the north side are a littlte more

Asked by Tina, New Jersey Sat Oct 27, 2007

reasonably priced than elsewhere in brigantine. From what I hear the greenheads are a big problem on the north side. Do you know anything about this problem. I don't want to buy a house and then not be able to sit on the porch because of the greenies, yet I could get a really nice newer home closer to my price range. Thanks

Answers

5
Are the Greenheads worse in the northend of the island? I suppose from a sales perspective, I should state the usual excuses that most agents use..."they are not that bad", "depends which way the wind is blowing"...as an experienced agent that wants to retain my client base I feel that it is best to be truly candid with the buyer...saying that - my answer would be Yes, the greenhead flies tend to be worse at the far northend of the island. But the reason for this is one of the things that makes Brigantine unique. The far northend of our island is untouched, an undeveloped nature preserve. Because of this, the greenhead population does tend to be higher - not every day - not all the time - but on days when they are bad - they are bad. Knowing ths information you can weigh the inconvenience factor of driving to a beach further south on the island vs the likeliehood of finding a better bang for your buck at the northend.
Hi Tina:
Don't let a very temporary greenhead population destroy you dream to own at the beach. The short period they are here far outweigh the joy and memories you will retain forever. Greenhead days are shopping days and there really aren't many of those.
Hi Tina, from Carolyn & Lou Mogano. Are you still looking into a purchase in Brigantine ?
We can answer all your questions. Go to http://www.BrigantineIsland.Biz to find out
why we know Brigantine.
I'm was not aware that greenheads are worse on the north side but it would be wise to ask the neighbors. In my personal experience of going to the beach in Brigantine the greenheads are usually not a problem but if the wind stops blowing it gets real bad. One day I had to leave the beach because they were swarming so bad.
Go and walk the neighbourhoods....get a true sense of what it feels like to live there.
Web Reference: http://www.iansellsnola.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 27, 2007