Telecommuter, Other/Just Looking in Bullhead City, AZ

I'm looking for a lower-priced alternative to Albuquerque...

Asked by Telecommuter, Bullhead City, AZ Tue Oct 20, 2009

for my mother (60s) and myself (40s). I don't mean to offend, but I'd rather just be blunt. What is BHC like? Is there some life to the place? Or does the whole town give off an ultra conservative 55 senior community vibe? We aren't shuffleboard people ready to spend the rest of our lives sitting around playing cards. Both of us as telecommuters in the publishing industry, and even a small arts community would be a plus. The idea of spending $800 on rent vs. $1200 in ABQ, or being able to find a house to purchase for less than $100K vs. $200K, sounds attractive. Just wondering if the trade-off is worth it.

Thank you.

BHC is not a resort nor does it have alot of features that draw people here, but once here you will find a wide verity of things to do, For instance there is a community college which offers a wide selection of class credited or just for fun classes. we have students as young as 4 (in tumbling class of course not algebra or english) to student in there 80's. As well as the obvious entertainment that the casinos have to offer, beyond gambling and they give alot a good deals to locals...Laughlin love the LOCALS. The bring in singer young and old, comedians, bands, Nascar events as well as the free nights in the hotels. There are golf course, water activities up and down the river, and did i mention that the historic route 66 cuts right through our area, but better then Routee 66 is what is up in the hills on Route 66....OATMAN!!! now this is a place to check out, spend money or not a dime you will be entertained for a few hours by the population of protected burros that are up and down the main st (Rte66) . The shops all sell carrots a definite favorite of the burros that is safe there are gift shops loaded with unique items that line the Main drag that goes through the center of town. As well as there places to eat have ice cream or even belly up to the local bar and visit with the locals you may find out they have been a visitor in your neck of the woods as i did on one visit down from a small town of 1000 people just North of Boise and this couple had not only been there but they bought a latte in my then little coffee shop that once thrived but now sits empty.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat May 12, 2012
You should go to and check out the posts on BHC area conditions and such. There is great info there.

PS. I've telecommuted in publishing here too, since 1995. :)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 20, 2009
Thank you for your question regarding the arts in our community. I have included a few links for you to check out the Bullhead City and Lake Havasu City (90 miles south) Art Guild websites.

Our community has a small town feel that offers something for everyone. I relocated here from Sacramento in 1990 and enjoy the diverse mix of people who call Bullhead City home. This is a link that will provide you with demographic information. You may be surprised to find that the median age of the residents in Bullhead City is 42.,_Arizo…

I wish you the best as you explore your housing options and please contact me if I can be of help.