General Area in Columbus>Question Details

Marcos, Other/Just Looking in Columbus, OH

I''m looking for a lawyer who can do home sales negotiation. Anyone recommend someone?

Asked by Marcos, Columbus, OH Fri Oct 26, 2012

Answers

10
Louis Borowicz is excellent

Louis@BaxLaw.net
Are you trying to have a contract reviewed or negotiated? If this is a regular home sale, it is typical for real estate agents to help you through the negotiation process. We have the best access to all of the data and local information in order to get you a fair market evaluation in order to proceed. If you are looking at a short sale, lease purchase or land contract situation, you may want an attorney to go through the documents with you to make sure that they are legal and provide you with the best protection. Most agents have an attorney they can refer you to. Sometimes, you only need to get the title attorney's advice and sometimes you may need a full consultation. See who your agent recommends. That lawyer has built a relationship that your agent knows and trusts. That way you can get good facts and have an open line of communication between all parties on your side.
Eric Wittenberg was referred to me by a title company and he is prompt and concise in his communication. Phone: 1-614-834-9650.
Why would you want to use an attorney and get billed by the hour? Lawyers don't typically negotiate home sales Realtors do. What you want to find is a top notch experienced Buyer Broker who will work for you and get paid by the Seller in most cases. I've attached a link below that will give you the information you need to find just such a person in your area.

I wish good luck with your endeavors.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 27, 2012
I use (since 1998) and recommend a life events legal plan from Legal Shield for this or any legal matter. For more information go to http://www.jlwahlsmith.legalshield.com.
James is correct, attorneys do not typically negotiate home sales. Attorneys do not have access to recent sales data nor do they specialize in valuing real estate. That said, a buyer's agent would provide all of these services and unlike an attorney these services would be provided at no expense to you. Your buyer's agent would represent your interest, and their fee is covered by the listing agent who negotiates a listing fee with the homeowner prior to listing the home, and typically then offers half of this fee to the agent who produces a buyer for the home.

For further details on the benefits of working with a Buyer's Agent visit http://columbusrealestatenews.featuredblog.com/why-buyers-sh…

Jason Opland
Better Homes & Gardens
614.332.6984
FYI, Marcos, attorneys normally do not actually "negotiate home sales." They normally only help you understand the contract and make sure it's valid.
Bill Thompson Is great...Several of my clients use him and all are happy with him. Good Luck and please let me know id=f I can be of service to you. Tracy Seabrooks Exit Trinity Realty

WILLIAM A. THOMPSON, Attorney at Law
The Mettler-Toledo Building

1900 Polaris Parkway
Suite 450
Columbus, Ohio 43240
Phone: (614) 785-6483
Fax: (614) 675-3357

E-mail: williamathompsonlaw@yahoo.com
Worley Law, LLC
28 Westerview Drive
Westerville, Ohio 43081
614.670.9458
czw@worleylawllc.com or
czworley@aol.com
Caroline Worley

She has helped several of my clients and each one has been very happy with her service..Please tell her you got her name from Vanessa Simmons...
I have one that is most excellent and highly recommended. Good luck!!

WILLIAM A. THOMPSON, Attorney at Law
The Mettler-Toledo Building

1900 Polaris Parkway
Suite 450
Columbus, Ohio 43240
Phone: (614) 785-6483
Fax: (614) 675-3357

E-mail: williamathompsonlaw@yahoo.com