General Area in Beacon>Question Details

Dawn Camner, Home Owner in Beacon, NY

I'm going to France for 2 years and looking to rent my home furnished. What's the best way to find renters interested in a furnished home?

Asked by Dawn Camner, Beacon, NY Fri Mar 30, 2012

I'm moving to France for a year or two and would rather not have to move all my stuff out! I was thinking it would be great for a professional doing a temporary job for IBM or a military person associated with West Point or the airforce base. I'm just not sure where to advertise or if there's a realtor or company that specializes in this? thanks in advance for any help!

Help the community by answering this question:


I also manage properties in the Beacon area, so I could also help you with that.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 2, 2012
Hi Cate
We do have IBM & West Point people looking for rentals. Ususally they come with their own things but occasionally we have someone looking for a furnished property. Please feel free to give me a call to discuss different possibilities.
Jon Miller
Principal Broker
JonCar Realty
451 Main St
Beacon NY
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 2, 2012
Talk to a local agent - you will receive the most expansive reach to prospective tenants by listing your home with a broker/agent that is skilled in online marketing. Your property may well be suited as well as an executive rental and there are firms that specialize in that type of inventory and manage it for you as well - there is a fee involved. on top of transaction commission, but it may well be worth exploring.

Good luck to you,
Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 1, 2012
Nancy Rosaler Contact Information:
(845) 505-1857
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 1, 2012
Good Morning,
I am the owner of Saler Property Management and also a licensed associate broker at Prudential Serls. I have a portfolio of properties I manage in Beacon and also work closely with 2 relocation companies which place folks from Egypt, China, India and France in technology position at the East Fishkill IBM complex. I would be happy to speak to you about procurring a renter for your property and also the property management while you are away as well.

Best regards,
Nancy Rosaler
Licensed Associate Broker
Prudential Serls Prime Properties
Saler Property Management - Owner
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 1, 2012

If you're going to be away for an extended period of time it would be fair to assume that ther may be issues that will come up that will need to be attended to....leaky faucet, broken window, furnace not working etc.

Some management companies will not only find you a renter and manage their presence but they will also take care of repairs and maintain the property for you in your absence. These services will come with a price attached to them but can be invaluable in the time of a crisis.

Good luck,

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 31, 2012
The most important questions concerning the renter's job are income, stability and job history. There are so many companies that employ well-qualified potential renters. The screening process will weed out those who do not meet your expectations. I am very experienced in pairing up landlords and tenants and I have many tenants and landlords call me for assistance. I will be glad to assist you in securing just the right tenant for your home.

Best regards,
Linda Anderson
Manor House Realty
845-661-8524 Cell
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 31, 2012
Good Morning,

A Realtor cannot advertise the type or place of job you would prefer your renter to come from. A qualified Realtor will make sure the renter themselves is qualified. References can be requested as well. If you decide to rent on your own, I wish you the best. If you decide you would like a Realtor to list & advertise for you, I would be more than happy to help you. Have a nice weekend.

Patricia Consiglio
Prudential Serls
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 31, 2012
Good morning Catalexandria,

I feel the best way to find a renter for your furnished home is to place your home for rent with a realtor. By doing so, the realtor will post your home on multiple listing as well as several other websites to draw the most attention. By putting it on MLS, all the agents in the area will have access to the information and can bring clients to view your home. Once we find a possible tenant, we have them fill out an application and supply additional documentation such as a credit report and pay stubs for proof of employment. We follow through with calls to their current landlord and employer.

I would be glad to meet with you and discuss the rental of your home and explain the process to you. Please feel free to email me or call me on my cell (845-661-8524) with any questions you may have or want to set a day and time to meet.

Thank you for you inquiry and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Linda Anderson
Manor House Realty
480 Main Street
Beacon, NY 12508
845-661-8524 Cell
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 31, 2012
For maximum exposure, consider listing with an agent....
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 30, 2012
I specialize in the Beacon area. I would be happy to help.
Elaine Thomas
Century 21 Alliance Realty Group
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 30, 2012
A listing agent is your best best to attract quailfied renters. If I can be of help please let me know. I know the area very well having lived here my entire life.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 30, 2012
I would contact a listing agent to list your home on the MLS. They will also be able to help you with the particulars while you are away. Best of luck in your journey.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 30, 2012
Thanks so much!!!
Flag Fri Mar 30, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer