General Area in Chicago>Question Details

smecker27, Home Buyer in 60195

I'm currently working in Schaumburg, IL area and am looking for a place to move to that's more city-like but isn't in the city?

Asked by smecker27, 60195 Thu Oct 4, 2012

I'm looking for a nice place for a hipster to live (i.e safe, friendly, bar scene, movie/theater, etc)...any suggestions??

Answers

10
Amanda’s answer
I just moved to Park Ridge, which borders the Northwestern most part of Chicago (Edison Park neighborhood). When traffic is light, it takes literally 18 minutes from PR to Lincoln Park. It seems like PR is close to everything: Schaumburg, Evanston and the North Shore, downtown Chicago, the airport, all major expressways. We've got the Pickwick theatre, a great uptown area, plenty of dining and also we are just a few blocks from some excellent bar/dining options in Edison Park. I don't think you'd be disappointed! Good luck!
Find a place just off of the Kennedy.... you will have easy access to downtown and be close to the night clubs and restaurants in the Schaumburg area.

Sohail A. Salahuddin | Group Founder

Innovative Property Consultants Group | Sales and Leasing

http://www.innovativepropertyconsultants.com

Jameson Sotheby’s International Realty

425 W. North Ave. | Chicago, IL 60610 

O: 312.335.3230 | C: 312.437.7799 | F: 847.805.6030

"Locally Known, Globally Recognized"
Oh well, here is the problem, we have no idea what you are looking for as far as property goes,
a) are you looking to buy or to rent
b) are you looking for a 1 or 2 bedroom condo, townhouse ???
c) how far from work would you commute

and what is your price range whether rental or purchase that is very important to make suggestions
to you where to look. Connecting with a Realtor to assist you would be a good idea for you.

I understand that living in a city type environment is more vivid and interesting....
There are many suburbs that offer that, answer the above questions feel free to e-mail me directly
and I will gladly connect you with an agent near you to assist you in finding the right property in
or near the downtown activities of towns.... depending on your willingness to commute.....
Evanston is certainly a nice choice, a University city always offers a lot activities and it is on the
lake with easy train commute to downtown Chicago...
But you have to commute to Schaumburg, so may be you want to consider other suburbs, if you
need some suggestions I gladly get back to you....

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert

Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
And always with a SMILE
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties, 30 Green Bay Rd, Winnetka, Illinois 60093 ---- EdithDoesItRight@yahoo.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com Check out my website at htttp://www.tinyurl.com/MeetEdithHere
get to know me better and learn about my experience, expertise, services available and letters of recommendation of former clients..... Also you can sign up on my site to search for properties in my expanded service area. HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)

Crystal Lake, IL has a lively bar scene and is relatively close to Schaumburg. My first choice would be Naperville, IL - however the commute to Schaumburg might be too long for you. I'd be happy to send you everything available from either. Let me know and good luck!
Not sure where you coul dbe currently living that has all os that and still be in the burbs. Evanston is the only place I can think of.
I would call an agent up and tell them what your budget is. From there they will be able to walk you through the neighborhoods.
Are you talking about a house or condo? And how much commuting are you up for? I can tailor some ideas based off what you want. Email me your likes and dislikes and lets talk further. joey.ri@kw.com.
Oak Park, Forest Park, Park Ridge are all wonderful. Bars, restaurants, shopping, etc... Contact me if you would like me to send you listings or provide info on the local market.
Carly.mazur@bairdwarner.com
Glen Ellyn is pleasant; and it's just a train ride away from the city.
Rent or Purchase?

How about Downtown Des Plaines or Elmhurst. If you are willing to go further, Evanston.