General Area in 75048>Question Details

Kathy, Home Owner in Sachse, TX

I'm being sued by my HOA, where should I look for an attorney. If I pay off the amount I owe will I still need to appear in court?

Asked by Kathy, Sachse, TX Fri Feb 1, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:



If they are suing you for HOA dues that are past due, they are really just wanting to be paid current. So, yes, if you can pay what is past due (or possibly work out a payment plan with them), then you should be able to get them to discontinue legal efforts against you.

Brent Rice, Trulia Top Recommended Broker (Pro & VIP)
The Rice Group, Inc.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 1, 2013
Only an attorney or HOA can make that decision.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer

Follow me on Facebook
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 1, 2013
Gaylene Lonergan here is a link to her website. Whe has assisted several of my clients successfully.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 1, 2013
Thank you. I'll give her office a call after reveiwing the website.
Flag Wed Feb 6, 2013
Hello Kathy,
I agree that you should work out some kind of payment plan with your HOA if you are not able to pay it all at once. However; you should still contact a local real estate attorney since the HOA has filed legal papers against your non-payment. Try "Googling" some attorneys in the area or ask some friends or colleagues if they have any they can recommend. They are the legal experts and can advise you best.

Best wishes!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 1, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Home > Texas > Dallas County > Sachse > 75048 > General Area in 75048 > Question
Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer