General Area in Wayne>Question Details

Djr, Renter in Wayne, NJ

I'm accepting a position in Wayne, NJ. What is an affordable but GOOD area to live ( travelling up to 30 min max )?

Asked by Djr, Wayne, NJ Wed Aug 15, 2012

I am in my mid twenties with a minimal base salary. Looking for an affordable 2bedroom. I Enjoy shopping and having access to activities or grocery stores (meaning I don't want to drive forever just to get lunch!)

Answers

9
All these answers and none gave the correct answer. The guy asks what is an affordable place to live near Wayne and is also safe for kids (non urban setting).

Wayne,NJ by far is not affordable and by no means is safe either. If you want your kids to grow up in a safe area and affordable family friendly area you need to look north and west of Wayne in nearby Sussex county. Sparta & Vernon are two really good towns to raise a family, with Vernon having the most to offer kids from a Waterpark to skiing to horseback. Depending on where you live in Wayne both are just a 30 min. commute.

I am not looking to profit in anyway from this advice, its just honest advice unlike the previous posts which are all biased for profit.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 22, 2012
The word "affordable" means different things to different people. The poster , unfortunately, never shared a price range - without that, it's difficult to give any kind of useful suggestion.
Flag Wed Feb 6, 2013
Thanks! This is very helpful. I'm not really seeking an area to raise a family, as I'm still young. I just definitely do not want to live in a crime ridden area, you know?
Flag Wed Aug 22, 2012
HI,

Have you found a home yet? If not or are not happy with your decision, I would be more then happy to help. Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Hope you are enjoying your new job!

Matt
well, since this question was asked back in August, 6 months ago, I would hope that by now the poster has made a decision - possibly even moved into a home!

Perhaps we can get an update!
Hello and best of luck with your new position. I have lived in Wayne for 26 years and while it has access to shopping and restaurants I can make other suggestions based on your age. If you enjoy a "town center" where you can walk around and shop, enjoy sitting at outdoor cafe's/restaurants during the warmer months, meeting people your age, I would suggest Montclair or Ridgewood. Both have all these amenities and definitely great restaurants. Both towns have an easy commute to Wayne. I am more than happy to show you what is available at your convenience. I can be reached at michelle.volpe@cbmoves.com (Coldwell Banker) or on my cell at 973-610-2526. I look forward to hearing from you!
Well - welcome to NJ!

Before anyone can respond in a meaningful way to your question - you will have to give more information as to your price range and whether you are looking to rent or buy.

I'm seeking advice on renting in the best areas near Wayne, NJ based off of my statistics.
Thanks!
Wayne is a great area to live in.

Are you looking to rent or to purchase?

If you would like to meet me in my office I can help you with either.
My name is Jas Kaur and I live in the area for 9 years. I deal in rentals in the area. Do call me at 862 228 4376 or email me at jas@stonybrookrealtynj.com and I can assist you in finding a suitable place to live.
Thanks and have a great Day.
Good Morning,

My name is Tim DeMuth and I work for Weichert in Pompton Plains. I could definitely help you out with your search, I've lived in Wayne my whole life and know it and the surrounding towns very well. I am also in my mid 20s like you, so I have an great idea of what people in our age range are looking for in a home/apartment/condo. Feel free to email me at timothy.j.demuth@gmail.com (preferred) or call/text at 973-592-3661 Have a great day!