General Area in Fort Worth>Question Details

N2fam247, Home Owner in Arlington, TX

I'm a fed employee transferring from Denver to DFW area in 4ms. I have a daughter at TCU, looking for rental townhomes, low maintenance rental

Asked by N2fam247, Arlington, TX Wed Jan 2, 2013

homes Lake Arlington, Mountain Creek, Arlington, Grand Prairie

Answers

9
Ddi you find a house yet?
It's probably a little early to look. Rentals are in high demand here now. The best places will rent about 30days out or less. You might come visit about a month before you want to move. Bring your deposit, app fees, and completed applications with you when you come and before you ever even look at homes. That way when you find the right place, you can get right on it, and also have a back up plane for #2 and #3 as many of the places get multiple applications now.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
All of those questions are great questions for a Mortgage Broker or lender. Of course I'm sure they are going to require you to show proof of the identity theft and you need to be working with the credit bureaus to get the fraudulent activity off of your report. Unfortunately there is no quick and easy solution to the credit reporting mess. Hopefully you have made police reports to document the fraud, if not get started immediately!

Would you like me to refer you to a Mortgage Broker that can work with you and answer all of your questions accurately? You really don't have to lay out all of your financial details here on the Internet for everyone to see. Send me an email and we'll get the process started with the privacy that you deserve.

Joe Stone - Realtor
joe@texasblueline.com
http://www.texasblueline.com
Exclusive Homes Realty
682-777-0836
Thanks Joe. I'm not putting any of my financials on the Internet. It was just a question regarding ID theft and it's impact on rentals or purchasing. That's it! Again, thanks for your valuable suggestions and input.
Flag Thu Jan 3, 2013
Thank you all for the responses! As a part of my relocation, our home in Denver will still be under mortgage and we're considering the lease option for at least a year. How will owning the property in Denver affect my ability to purchase a home in DFW area? Also, I've recently (12/15/12) found out that I was a victim of identity fraud and my credit score plumetted from 750's to 500's OMG! This is horrible as I do not have ample time to address the credit issues, and how will the score ultimately affect my ability to purchase?
As a Horned Frog myself I am sure your daughter is having a great time and getting a great education. Wished the bowl game had turned out a little better but we should be REALLY good next year.

To answer your question about lease properties as the other gentleman have said probably a little early to look for leases, they tend to go quickly. As a full time REALTOR I would like to find out some more facts about what you are wanting and needing so when the time comes I can quickly find your something to lease. I can also help your daughter find something if that is a need that she has or will have soon. TCU area rentals can go before they even hit the market, I have already leased a few for next August but that is a rarity.

I look forward to working with you in the near future,

Brian

817.988.1588
brian@brants.com
Sort of ironic.. Just as I was typing the below reply, I received this article about the rental market. I hope you find it of interest..

Rental Demand to Edge Higher in 2013?

DAILY REAL ESTATE NEWS | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 02, 2013
Five to six million new renter households may be created within the next 10 years, likely caused from low inventories of homes available and tight credit conditions, according to the Bipartisan Policy Center.

Rental demand is expected to particularly increase among seniors looking to downsize their homes, as well as young adults and a growing immigrant population.

“We expect to see an increase in household formation and for a variety of reasons that household formation is likely to be more heavily concentrated among renters and households who are likely to be renters for somewhat longer than was the case for the last 20 years,” Barry Zigas, director of Housing Policy for Consumer Federation of America, told HousingWire.

Tight credit conditions continues to be one main culprit holding back home ownership among some potential buyers.

“Credit for home ownership borrowing will likely be tighter and potentially more expensive, relative to earlier times,” Zigas predicts. “Families will likely have less wealth because the rising generation is starting with less wealth. If down payments are at any significant level, it will be a barrier to acquiring a home for longer than may have been the case in the past.”
Hello and welcome to the DFW area. You will have a lot to choose from.

I have lived and/or worked in Arlington for the past 30+ years. I know the area extremely well and think I could find exactly what you're looking for. Rent prices seem to have taken a bit of a jump during the past year and demand is high right now. As Rick mentioned, the good lease properties come and go really fast, and four months is a bit too early to begin looking.

If you think that you would like to explore the option of buying instead of renting, please let me know. I can set you up with you're own Multiple Listing Service webpage that will drop properties matching your criteria onto the webpage for your review. I don't charge anything for the service (even though I pay) and if you see something that interests you then give me a call. No pressure and as I mentioned there's no cost to you for the service.

If any of this is of interest to you, just send me an email and I'll get you set up.

Joe Stone - Realtor
Exclusive Homes
682-777-0836

joe@texasblueline.com
http://www.texasblueline.com
Flag Wed Jan 2, 2013
As a former Federal employee, I understand what you are going through. There are some very nice neighborhoods inbetween Fort Worth and Dallas, and I'm sure we can find you the right house for your family.

However, it is way too early to start looking at rental properties. The ones on the market today will all be gone by the time you arrive. Rents are high in this area, and it is cheaper to buy a house. If you can qualify for a loan, you should really consider purchasing a house for your family, instead of throwing rent money out the window. If you should need some help bringing your credit score up, I am a Certified Instructor in Credit Repair. I will show you how to do that for no fee.

Contact me directly and once I know what your requirements are, I can send you samples of properties that are on the market so you can see what it will cost you to rent the kind of house you want in this area. I can also help you save money on your electric bill when you get ready to hook up your utilities. Good luck on your packing and moving!

Happy New Year!

Rick DeVoss

ULTRA Real Estate Services

817-300-6121

RickDeVoss@Realtor.com

====================
Flag Wed Jan 2, 2013
Good Morning,

I would like to assist you in your search and can also assist with the financing aspect of the transaction. Feel free to contact me at slad215@gmail.com or by phone: (214) 497-8150. I have also included a link below to my website:

http://sanjeevlad.fathomdallas.com

Thank You,

Sanjeev Lad

Fathom Realty
Residential Real Estate Agent
License #: 0583491
Phone: (214) 497-8150
Email: slad215@gmail.com

Premier Nationwide Lending
Residential Mortgage Loan Originator
NMLS RMLO ID #: 530178
Phone: (214) 497-8150
Email: slad@pnlending.com