Nvpaiute, Home Buyer in Deerfield Beach, FL

I'll be moving to FL early 2013, when should i start the process of buying a house? This will be my first.

Asked by Nvpaiute, Deerfield Beach, FL Mon Mar 19, 2012

Answers

17
Some basic info of purchasing homes in Florida:

A Cash deal can close in as little as a week (if the title company gets the paperwork together).
A Financed deal will take about 30 days for conentional loans and 45 for FHA/Veteran/USDA.

A Traditional Resale is the easiest deal, fast answer to offers and fast execution.
A Foreclosure/Reo takes 5 to 15 days to be answered, and usually want to close in 30 to 45 days.
A Short-sale is often a long process taking months to get an answer to the offer and then wanting a closing to be a rushed process. My longest short sale took 13 months to complete.

You should start looking at homes at least 3 months before the date you want to have keys on hand.
You should also know ahead of time that (depending on your price range) we have areas where homes receive multiple offers and end up selling for more than advertized, so don't waste your time or the agents by making low offers. A good agent will be able to tell you about the market and when it is ok to offer below, or needed to offer above.

We don't use attorneys, we use title companies (who are often owned by/ or employ attorneys). You can always hire one to review the paperwork, but it's completely optional. Was this answer helpful? If so please click on the "thumbs up" or the "best answer".

Tony Vega
Charles Rutenberg Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 20, 2012
Hello Nvpaiute,

Many of the available homes for sale are still short sales and bank repo's. Both of these can still take an extended time to close. Between that, and the fact that there tend to be multiple buyers offering on many homes, 4-6 months is not unrealistic to start your home search.

"Starting" should involve getting yourself approved for a loan to begin with. Most sellers will not look at a buyer unless they are pre-approved. From there, seeing properties via an MLS search sent to your email will help you get to know areas. You will be come more educated as you go.

Once you are ready to start looking, you will be much better prepared. If I can assist you, or if you'd like to have homes sent to you, or need help finding a lender, feel free to contact me. I'd be glad to help.

Pat Palmer-Broker Associate
Boca's Best
Direct: 786-286-6557
Email: patpalmer@kw.com

Keller Williams Boca Raton
2424 N. Federal Hwy. #318
Boca Raton, FL,33431
Consider a manufactured home. More bang for your buck:
http://www.forsalebyowner.com/listing/CD7A0/print/
Hello prospective Buyer, My Name is E Rodriguez from Exclusive Real Estate Solution LLC. With 7 year of successful one on one buyers representation experience. Located on the Orlando Metro area, whenever you are ready I will be here to help you on the quest for your dream home. Just give me a call and I will be more than happy to help you. 407. 538. 8875
Surprised nobody mentioned to the 1st time home buyer TO GET PREQUALIFIED by a mortgage professional FIRST ! You cannot start looking for anything until you know how much you can afford.
Once you know how much you can afford where exactly you want or need to be, then you can ask a local realtor to send you local listings by e-mail. From my experience, 3 - 4 months in advance works great for most folks. A couple of months before the actual move, you may want to take a trip down to FL and spend a few days visiting the pre-selected properties and making up your mind.

Best of luck on your search.

Marsha Umansky
PRAG Realtors, Inc
954-673-1624
you can start now by looking at pictures and know a little bit the area that you prefer to move to.
if you know the exact area, you should start about 3 months in advance.
should you need any assistance, call 786-306-2689 Revitali
Offering this from my own experience of moving out of town and not getting to know the area well enough, visit the city several times before beginning your home search. Pick an area, spend some time there, go to the local stores and talk to people. Walk through a park in the area, do you feel comfortable with the people there. Also consider where you will be working, shorter the commute the better. Contact a Realtor to show you around. Once you know where you want to live, maybe four to six months out, start the home buying process.

I have lived fifty years in Jacksonville, know the town, and can help you in the relocation process. Prudential's relocation team can assist you in selling your current home, planning the move, showing you the town and finding your new home. Contact me if I can be of assistance.

John D. DiPietro
Prudential Network Realty
904-710-7431
It's a little too early to start the home search now. Four to five months prior to when you want to close on a home would be a better time to begin.

Nicole Marks Mason, Realtor
Www. Buysellboca.com
561-445-8743
Web Reference: http://Www.buysellboca.com
Nvpsiute,
There is a plethora of decisions to arrive at before you actually purchase a home. Am I willing to venture just outside of Deerfield Beach? Am I willing to move away from the beach in order to have more interior features in my price range? What type of mortgage is good for me? What are the interior features I can’t live with or cannot live without? Are public school systems important?

There are also many road blocks and obstacles along the way. I believe a well educated buyer is a smart buyer. You can start by viewing homes available now and see if your idea if your price range will bring you the home you desire.

My husband and I practice real estate as partners. We would be happy to answer all questions and help you on this journey.

Abbie Konigsberg – Coral Shores Realty
abbie@ask-abbie.com
954-303-0027
Now is a great time if you want a awesome deal. Some foreclosures and shotesales do take up to a year to close. I am working on a shortsale now that was stared 5 months ago and it still hasn't closed. Deerfield Beach is a great place to live, I've lived in this community for about 35 years. Feel free to call me anytime if you have questions or want to have some current listings emailed to you.

Lisa Hoddinott
Realtor®

Campbell & Rosemurgy Real Estate
Deerfield Beach, FL 33441

954.254.9311
l.hoddinott@comcast.net
You can start any-time now. e-mail me and tell me exactly what your wish list is and the price you are willing to pay. I live in Deerfield Beach and love it for 21 years.
massakas@gmail.com
Dera Nvpaiute,

It is certainly not too early to start considering your options. So much has to do with your situation up north and how much risk you want to take with the potential for increases in interest rates. We say a sharp increase the end of last week and while the Fed is doing all it can to keep a cap on them there are market forces at work and the potential for inflation is real.

I would suggest you start interviewing agents immediately to dig deeper into your particular situation as it might be your best bet to consider a purchase now and renting the property until you arrive. The very best thing that you can do is find a professional Realtor@ to represent and there are a few things I would tell you. First is to NOT sign a buyer's broker agreement with anyone. This is a form an agent will use to tie you up and ensure any transaction you make will only be through them. Find an agent who is happy to perform their services with the knowledge that if they do not properly meet your expectations they will lose your business. 

Second, NEVER call a listing agent about a home they have listed as their initial relationship with the seller will prevent you from working out the best deal. 

Finally, I would recommend that you interview at least three qualified agents in your area to assist you and select one who you feel will have your best interests as their primary goal.

I work almost entirely as a buyers agent throughout Palm Beach and Martin Counties and certainly would be honored to be on the list of Realtors® you interview and happy to be of assistance in any way that I can. If you are in the area and would like a tour I would enjoy showing you why I am so fortunate to call Jupiter my hometown.

I hope this information is helpful but if you need anything additional please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
Now is the time to get your "financial" house in order. Address & solve issues about your credit score. Your credit score will determine the amount of interest you will pay on your loan. The higher your credit score the lower the interest rate on the loan. Your credit score will also influence the amount of money you will need for the downpayment. Typically you will need 10 - 20% of the loan amount for the downpayment. Now is the time to get into position so that you can take advantage of the best possible rates and beat the banks.
Call me and we can start looking for areas you may want to live.

Mark Sandulli
South Florida Real Estate Advisors
954-839-7406
If you're moving to FL in early 2013, you should start now to look into purchasing your first home. There are several things you should consider in this process. Not only the physical move itself, but the preparation of your qualifying for a loan.

Look into your credit. If there are some hiccups there, you have the time to take action and get these cleared up. Secondly, you have the internet at your fingertips to help you find a home. Where will you work? How close do you want to live with regards to your work? Do you want to live in the city, the suburbs, the country? How much do you want to spend? What are the features you want for your home? How large? Will you have a pet? While you may find the home of your dreams online now, if you're not ready to buy now, chances are that it won't be there when you are ready to make your move. Don't get your homes up that the home will remain on the market for you.

Another thing to consider is whether you will put any money down when you buy. Since you are not moving for several months, you have time to keep putting money back for the substantial costs of a move and a down payment as well as any changes in the cost of living.

You will find that first time home buyers have options that other buyers do not have. You should speak with your lending officer for the loan opportunities available for first time home buyers in FL.
I would start looking at least 4 months before your planned move. You will want time to look at homes and once you find the house you want you will need time to close.
It is always good to see what is out there that fits your criteria and learn the pros and cons of various neighborhoods (whether it is price range, schools, etc.). An agent can assist you so that you understand what type of properties match your wants, needs, and price range. The only negative to planning well in advance is that you may fall in love with something that may not be available once you're ready.