General Area in Fort Worth>Question Details

Noemi Lopez, Other/Just Looking in Racine, WI

I live in wisconsin, looking to move to fort worth within a yr, Can anyone recommend where in fw, tx to live?Is fw, tx a good place to live?

Asked by Noemi Lopez, Racine, WI Wed Dec 5, 2012

Answers

27
Deshonalc’s answer
Hi, I noticed your post and I am not a realtor lol!! My husband and I moved here 2 yrs ago. All I can say is get here and get here fast...it is an awesome place to live!!! you will love it. We are from MO and hated the cold winters. We are leasing til we know areas better before we buy. It is overwhelming at first...even 2yrs into it we are getting closer to figuring out where we will buy. We currently live in North FW near keller/watugua area. Its great...close to everything really. Not far from downtown, the airport, stockyards...there is everything every where here...honestly there are 4 Starbucks within 5 or so mins from my house...its crazy!! you will not miss WI....:-)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 27, 2013
Depends on what area of Fort Worth you are looking to move to. I would like to help you though this process and would be happy to answer any other questions you might have from now until you are ready to make the move.

Suhrperiorrealty@gmail.com
http://www.suhrperiorrealty.com
8173601646
Did you not notice this question was posted last December??
Flag Fri Nov 8, 2013
I love the homes near TCU, Texas Christian University. It's close to downtown, Forest Park, the zoo, Trinity River trails, FW Stockshow, Amon Carter Museum and Botanical Gardens. I'll be happy to help you search for the right home.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 27, 2013
This question was asked in December! Where have you been??
Flag Sun Oct 27, 2013
I MUST answer this question! I was born and raised in Fort Worth Texas. I believe it's one of the best places to raise a family. We aren't called the "Biggest Small town in America" for nothing!. There are many job openings through-out our area. I am excited to show off my town! Please let me know when I can assist you! 817-223-1863
Flag Sun Oct 27, 2013
Looking to move to the FW or Dallas area in June of 2014.

Hi, my name is Katrice and I am from South Bend, Indiana home of the Notre Dame Fighting Irish.
I have lived in the midwest my entire life and its time to relocate. I am a African-American woman with a 12yr old son.

I am considering moving to the FW area (not sure where) because I know absolutely nothing about Texas. I have heard and read all the wonderful things about Texas and what it has to offer.

So can anyone offer some insight on what living in Texas will be like.

I AM SO EXCITED!!!
Katrice
Katrice ---

Contact me directly, and I'll help you plan for your move next year. I know the area well, as I have been selling houses around here for over 33 years.
I'm sure we can meet your needs, and we'll find a home to fit your budget. So text, email, or call me right away.
Rick DeVoss

ULTRA Real Estate Services
817-300-6121

WholeLife@Yahoo.com
==================
Flag Sun Oct 27, 2013
I moved to Fort Worth over 30 years ago from Michigan and it was the best decision made for my family and for me. The weather compared to the Midwest, its a no brainer if you like wonderful days and nights in November. It was 70 degrees today. Did I say I do not own winter boots!!!! There are a lot of suburbs to Fort Worth, which have wonderful school districts. Its 20 minutes from Arlington Texas where the new Cowboy Stadium was built. Fort Worth homes has a median sales price of $133,000 for 2012. South of Fort Worth is Burleson, Crowley and Everman. West of Fort Worth is White Settlement and River Oaks. North of Fort Worth is Keller, Saginaw, Watuga, North Richland Hills and Richland Hills. North East of Fort Worth is the area called HEB better none as Hurst Euless Bedford. Just remember whether you want to have country or city living it is all her in Fort Worth. I promise you once you get her you will not want to leave
Fort Worth has many sub areas to live in. Can you tell me what area you wil be working in and we can look closer to that area. Do you like farm life? Would you prefer an older home? Would you prefer living near walking distance to area malls, shops or entertainment? We have it all here. I am sure we have exactly what you are looking for. What price range will we be looking at?

SueAnn Sullivan
817-832-9034
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 30, 2012
I work at Davita dialysis.So, i'm looking around to see where they are located in FW, I have been around the area, over by Altamesa rd, i think that's the name of the road, it seemed to have nice homes around there...
Flag Sun Dec 30, 2012
I need a family oriented neighborhood, & dont want to exactly in the city either, but not to far:), I most likely will rent at first, then purchase after about a yr. My first choice is house rental then a side by side duplex.
Flag Sun Dec 30, 2012

SueAnn Sullivan
817-832-9034
Dear Tasha,

Thanks for your inquiry! I sense some frustration in your voice, and I would be happy to help you find the right house for your family. I have been selling houses "between Fort Worth and Dallas" for over 32 years, so I am very familar with the area you are considering.

Right now, today, there are only 8 houses on the market in the Mid-Cities that fit the description you gave me to search for. They will be gone soon, ~because they are very nice, desireable homes. When we say "the Mid-Cities", we are talking about the most desireable neighborhoods in the Metroplex, inbetween Dallas and Fort Worth, and these suburbs are located in Northeast Tarrant County. Overall, they have the best schools and the best neighborhoods for the price range you are talking about. The "eight" that I mentioned are priced between $150,00 and $190,000. They all have everything you asked for. (Am I your new Santa, or what?!) :)

Please write to me directly at my email address, and we can get to work on providing you with more details about specific houses. There is a lot of homework to do before you are ready to move in. Also, let me know when you will be coming to Texas to look at houses again.

P.S. The reason you are finding better prices in Houston, is because DFW is a more desireable area. We have better weather, better schools, less polluting industry, and some fabulous neighborhoods to live in!

Call me if you wish, or just email me, and we'll get started!

Happy New Year!

Rick DeVoss

ULTRA Real Estate Services

817-300-6121

RickDeVoss@Realtor.com

====================
Rick what are some other Areas you would suggest that has great shopping, good schools, matured but well kept neighborhoods in between Ft Worth and Dallas. My family and I are also looking to relocate to Ft Worth within the year. We have been house hunting last year and plan to make another trip early 2013. I am on Truila everyday looking at listings but not sure about the areas overall. We are looking for price range between 100k-200k what we can qualify. We want a brick home, good curb appeal 4 bedroom/3 bath or 2.5 bath, gameroom, open floor plan good size yard front & back w/ trees. The home does not need to be newer but well kept. I am truly desire a southern traditional home large porch is possible most large homes built in the mid 80's -90's fit that description. Of course all the homes in my price range I love that fit all of my desires are located in the mature parts of Houston, Tx. Can I get that in Ft Worth area?

Thanks!
Thank you, Terri, for the good advice you gave Noemi. It is nice to see a person who is NOT a Realtor giving good advice on here. (Even some of the Realtor's comments leave a lot to be desired.)
You are quite right about the Mid-Cities area. It has good schools, good shopping opportunities, and is situated "close to everything" in the Metroplex. There are a few towns included in this area that you did not mention.
In Watauga, for example, you can buy a 3-2-2 for around $100,000. (I've sold several for less recently.) In Southllake, the average price is $550,000. The problem with trying to answer Noemi's question is that we don't know how much she is qualified for. The average price in this area is around $150,000 to $200,000. As soon as she lets me know what price range she wants to look at, I can get her a list of neighborhoods, and specific homes, that would be suitable for the amount she is qualified to borrow. First step is to talk to a loan officer, or a very experienced Realtor. (I can pre-qualify her over the phone.)
In the MId-Cities area, we have good schools, good shopping opportunities, and we're "close to everything" in the Metroplex. Many people like to live near the DFW airport for convenience when flying out of town on business trips.
Thanks Terri for your inputs. How'd you like to work on my team?

Happy Holidays to all!

Rick DeVoss

ULTRA Real Estate Serivces

817-300-6121

RickDeVoss@Realtor.com
====================
Noemi, I am from Wisconsin too.....moved to North Texas in 1993. Try to move in the Mid Cities area (Beford, Hurst, Euless, Keller, North Richland Hills) then you will be half way between Dallas and half way between Ft. Worth. Anyone of those cities is considered "Mid Cities". All great cities.
I just wanted you to know that many types of loans do not allow you to receive money directly from agents etc. On many types of loans there is a disclosure to sign at closing by the agents and buyers to make sure that has not happened and gives recourse in case it does. Check with your loan officer to see if you can receive monies from other parties and how to disclose it. Happy hunting and call me if you have any questions.
Debbie Scrimshire
817 980-1047
THANK YOU TRULIA!!!!! I OWE IT ALL TO YOU!!
Funny you should ask if Fort Worth is a good place to live. We just made the top 10 places in the country to live. Yes Fort Worth and the surrounding areas are a great place to live. I am sure we will be able to find just the right home for you when you come. Let me know when you might be in the area and we can set up some places for you to go see.

SueAnn Sullivan
817-832-9034
I love Fort Worth and grew up there. My favorite area is around Texas Christian University. There are beautiful homes and many have been restored. Good shopping, parks, restaurants and entertainment can all be found in this area. Fort Worth is a great place to live.
I am looking forward to hearing from you! Thank you Trulia!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 15, 2012
Lake WORTH,TX 76135 , RIVER OAKS 76114 IS A GOOD AREA TO LIVE , DO NOT GO TO SOUTHSIDE OR NORTHSIDE.
Depends on where on "the Southside" or "the Northside" wouldn't you say, Abernathyperez? I live in Fairmount - Southside, and both it and Ryan Place (also Southside) have gorgeous homes, lovely neighbors, great schools, and are a five-minute commute
from downtown.
Flag Thu Jan 31, 2013
If you are looking for an area within DFW that has good schools and decent rental prices I would suggest Saginaw with EMSISD or River Oaks/Samson Park within Castleberry ISD. Other desirable areas include the North Richland Hills/Haltom City/Richland Hills/Watauga area that attend Birdville ISD.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 8, 2012
Good Evening Neomi
Fort Worth is a great place to live! Fort Worth though is one of the largest cities in America #17 so without knowing more about you and your family it is really difficult to recommend an area of this great city. There is a tremendous amount to see and do, but as others have said the city is spread out. So please tell us a little about you and I know that we can help you find the best part of Fort Worth for your family! Best of luck to you.

John Straub
817-729-4281
john@dfwfamilyrealty.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 7, 2012
It is a great place for living. Furthermore, there are nice communities surrounding Fort Worth. Please visit my website, give me a call or email to discuss different alternatives, and we could make possible arrangements for financing. I must work with buyers.

Fausto Deras
817 689 3974
fderas@fderasrealty.com
fderasrealty.com

Elite Texas Properties
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 7, 2012
How exciting !! You are embarking on a new and fun adventure. Just know that Fort Worth is very diverse in housing and neighborhoods. We have loft living downtown, quaint older neighborhoods, beautiful newer homes with community amenities like pools and parks and homes on acreage with equestrian amenities and golf courses. Then there are also several lakes in the DFW area with a wide array of amenities in the surrounding towns and neighborhoods. When you get a chance feel free to call me and let's chat about your needs and I can start sending you specific searches so you can start watching the market now. Time flies and you will be here before you know it. I have 34 years experience and really love my job.
Debbie Scrimshire
817 980-1047
dscrimshir@aol.com
Depends on what your looking for... Fort Worth is relatively large. I've lived in Fw for 20 yrs so I know of many good areas that for some might not seem so good. If you have a family and are looking for a quiet suburban area that has decent schools and lots of close shopping areas I recommend north Richland hills ( where my folks live). It's about a 25 minute easy drive down hwy 121 to downtown Fort Worth. If you're fine with living close to the city, I highly recommend the Fairmount neighborhood. Very artsy and up and coming. Lots of diversity there. In my opinion fairmount is the closest thing to Austin TX life (if your familiar with their culture. ) Also very high on my list is the Crestwood neighborhood which is close to downtown as well. Has much nicer but more expensive housing. or look into Mistletoe Heights neighborhood, beautiful historic neighborhood with a great elementary school. If your single or want a nice condo sort of living I recommend looking up soho on 7th street. Lots of very nice condos and apartments surrounded by restaurants and martini bars. Anyway, I can go on forever, I hope that helps!
Welcome to Texas....I'm guessing by land mass, Fort Worth, is one of the largest in the US....and very spread out.
Get here first, figure out where you will work, then find the best place to live based on how far you think you can drive.
Lots of growth in the North Ft. Worth area with lots of nice neighborhoods, but not a lot of businesses and industry around it.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Dear Noemi,

We are sorry to hear that you have to experience another Winter in Racine, as we have some very mild Winters in Fort Worth that you will love. But we will welcome you to the area next year when you are able to make it down here. Try to come once on a house-hunting trip if you can. But if not, I will be glad to send you information about specific houses and neighborhoods so you can study the area from a distance. This week we are in the 70's and low 80's, and I am wearing a short-sleeved shirt! ...And it's almost Christmas.

One of the reasons I have lived here so long (over 32 years) is that it is a very nice area to live in. The Northeast suburbs have excellent schools, a low crime rate, good shopping opportunities, and some very nice neighborhoods. You may want to consider your distance from your work location, so it would help us to know where you will be working. If you have any family in the area, you may wish to locate near them. The price range you plan to shop in will also determine what areas you might live in. Obviously, if we are looking at homes around $100,000, we won't be in the same neighborhoods as we would be if you were looking at houses for $500,000. And we have both! I have sold some nice houses under $100,000 if that is what you are looking for, but our average price for a 3-2-2 brick home is between $150,000 and $175,000.

Once you tell me what features you are looking for in a house, I will be able to send you a list of suggested homes and neighborhoods to consider. And then when you get here, we will go out and inspect some houses until you feel comfortable with a given area. It may only take you a few days to get a good feel for the general area, especially if we are communicating weekly prior to your arrival here. But if you wish to rent for a few months, we will help you find a place to live temporarily.

Let me know what specific questions you might have, and we'll get you the answers. And feel free to tell me if you think you'll need some help with your credit score, as I offer that service free to my customers. If you haven't already saved up the down payment, now is the time to start a savings account. Tell me what additional info you might need and I'll send it to you in Racine.

Holiday greetings from Texas!

Rick DeVoss

ULTRA Real Estate Services

817-300-6121

RickDeVoss@Realtor.com
====================
Fort Worth is a fabulous community. Give me a call and I can help you find your dream home. If you use me as your buyer's agent, I can also give you a $500 buyer's rebate (restrictions apply) out of my commission. Call me at 817-729-6630.

George
FW is a great town with tons of things to do entertainment wise. I could recommend several areas but that's hard without knowing a little bit about what you desire in a home/ neighborhood. Established vs Newer neighborhood. Kids? Activities? Commute. All these things need to be considered before narrowing it down. Send me am email and I can recommend some areas and we can start thinking of areas and as the time gets closer I will start sending properties for you to look at and eventually get you in to the neighborhood you decide upon

Brian
817.988.1588
brian@brants.com
brantsrealtors.com
Sounds great, I'll be sending an email within the next few days. Thanks in advance for your help.
Flag Wed Dec 5, 2012