General Area in Germantown>Question Details

Joshhaynes1, Both Buyer and Seller in Germantown, TN

I just recently accepted a job in Memphis. My wife and I will be relocating to the Memphis area. My question is. I was told by someone to look at

Asked by Joshhaynes1, Germantown, TN Tue Jun 14, 2011

Olive Branch, southaven area. We really like the Germantown area also. Whare do I start looking to rent an apartment and eventually buy a house?

Answers

8
Suburbs are great , but they are spokes leading to a hub: Memphis, one of our nation's great cities. Find an apartment somewhere, but before you buy take some time to look at the wonderful array of neighborhoods inside the I-240 beltway, from Vollintine-Evergreen to East Buntyn, from Central Gardens to High Point, and many more. These are authentic neighborhoods in an authentic city. Get to know your new town. We're glad you're headed out way!
There are many agent ready and willing to help. Each of the areas you are interested in have homes and apartments for sale/rent. I live in Memphis but am less than 2 miles from Olive Branch and 10 minutes from Germantown. My recommendation is call several agent and speak with them, decide which personality you like, and then make a decision for one to help you in your search. Also, what is your new company of employment. Several companies assist with moving costs and some even assist with the purchase of a home.

Renee Farrell
901-590-5109
"Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured" - Gordon B. Hinckely
Hi Josh,

Grace is right on the mark...it depends on a few variables and it won't be hard to find an agent ready, willing and able to help you out. The first thing you should do, is make up a "wants list", then have the agent drive the area with you to get the feel. I do this with all my out of towners and usually they discover what is really best for them - not what their friends have told them. You may want a $500k lifestyle with a $150k budget and that can only lead you to heartbreak. Also, you may find that the area you want may not have any suitable apartments as different area have strict zoning rules.

Your first step is really to start a good dialog with a strong Realtor that will have your best interest at hand.

Best wishes and welcome to the area.

Jo Shaner, ABR, CRS, GRI, PMN
901-848-5962
901-261-7919
It depends on your personal preferences, what your family situation is & how close you want or need to be to work. As you can see there is not shortage of agents ready & willing to help you! Debbie Florendo is our lead buyer's agent & she can send you a relocation package if you like. just call 901.870.4640 & best of luck!
Congratulations on your move. All of the locations you mention are good areas. It just depends on what you are looking for. Having said that, Germantown is unbeatable....Just a great place to live and have a family. I am prejudiced because I have lived there for 33 years. Give me a call and I will be most happy to help you.
Just Call Hood and He'll Come A Runnin!
Jim Hood
jhood8@comcast.net
ReMax on Track
jimhood.net .....germantownrealty.com
Josh,

Congrats on the new job and welcome to the area. I think renting for a short time is a wise move since you are unfamilar with the area. There are number of nice apartment complexs in the Olive Branch and Germantown areas. The Vineyard of Olive Branch are fairly new and convent to most all major roads. I suggest you go to http://www.apartmentguide.com, enter the city in the search box and there lots of information available. As for househunting, when the time comes, give me a call if I can assist.

Gerald Williams
Affiliate Broker
Weichert Realtors - BenchMark
901-413-2233
Licensed in both Mississippi and Tennessee
I know the apartments in this area pretty well. Give me a call if you'd like and I can give you a heads up of what prices you will be looking at and sole recommendations I have for the area you'd like. I've lived in the Germantown area all of my life and I know the apartments there pretty well. 901-338-3051.

Hamza Ibrahim
First national realty
Hamzarealtor@gmail.com
901-338-3051
I am fond of Germantown as that is where I have chosen to live. Olive Branch is the fastest growing city in the nation and has a lot of charactor and charm to it. I will be happy to help you find a place to rent, where will you be working?

Andrew Foster
901-335-2403
AFoster.kw.com