General Area in 11542>Question Details

Anna, Home Buyer in Glen Cove, NY

I just purchased my house and I noticed that it is posted on Trulia; & I dont want it to be listed on trulia

Asked by Anna, Glen Cove, NY Fri Mar 20, 2009

My house is posted on Trulia.com with its selling price. etc. how can I have it removed from the website.

Answers

7
Carmen Brodeur, JD’s answer
You will need to contact the listing agent so that they can remove the property from Trulia since they most likely posted it in the 1st place. However, if you are worried about your information being available to the public then there is nothing you can do about that. Real Estate transactions are a public record. Anyone can look the information up on the local tax database.
Contact the listing agent and make them aware of your concerns.
Yes, your agent can easily remove it.
Anna,

Unfortunately in this age of technology information about everything is available. There are several classes of protected information however so speak with Trulia directly. They are a stellar organization and will assist you as best they can.

Douglas Montgomery, Broker/Owner
HomeNY Corp. Douglas@HomeNY.com
Your agent can do this easily for you. just needs to pull up the listing & click on remove listing.
You can always speak to a Trulia customer service representative live M-F 11am to 5pm EST (1-888-565-3652).
Someone always answers promptly, and they have always bee helpful!
Hello Anna,

In most areas the sale price of property is public record and recorded at the courthouse.
I don't know if some of these sites are nice about it and take the info off by request, but I'd bet that this isn't the only site you can find it on.