General Area in 34231>Question Details

Sharon Hirsc…, Home Buyer in Sarasota, FL

I have my own lot. Looking for builder who can deliver a 2400-2500 sq key west style home for max 150 per sq including nice grades in sarasota

Asked by Sharon Hirschowitz, Sarasota, FL Tue Jan 10, 2012

Any recommendation

Answers

7
Dated post.....this home is probably completed and ready for updateing.
Hi there, Just saw your question and I am your answer.
My company designs and builds custom homes. We are 11 years old and have a great reputation for integrity and fairness. We build a good quality home, and have a model to show our work. I have small overhead and run the whole show, so if you want to do business with a builder that is actually on-site every day and totally engaged in your project I am the guy you will want to work with.
We are fortunate in Sarasota and Manatee to have the best residential builders in this state. I know I have trained most of them when they were younger. So you have many really good builders here to choose from. Take care however as many of the more well known builders are really office type businessman that may never once step onto your construction site. I am hands on, my team has been built over many years and the level of quality we can produce can match or best any builder in the area.
Call me for your next project. I am Ric Selitto, company is Tango Development Inc.
call me at 941-713-0821.
HI Sharon:
I would welcome the opportunity to talk to you about your project. I am a life long resident of Sarasota and a general contractor and LEED AP. Many factors go into the cost of a project and the design and materials used can have a significant impact. Also the location and existing elevation will dictate the structure makeup as well. I welcome you to visit our website at http://www.hollidaygroup.com to see that projects that we have built and some that we have under construction now. You can also see our add in the January issue of the SRQ magazine.
I can be reached at (941) 951-2699 to set up a time to meet.
Craig Holliday
I have a wonderful GC to recommend, you can see some of his quality work here in Sarasota and on Siesta Key.
Contact Andrew 941.713.5828. I would be happy to take you to see what he did for my clients!

Raffie Hamilton
Good life Realty
941.685.2441
Sharon Hirschow, your questions will most likely generate a lot of remarks. We suggest that you start with the Sarasota Manatee Home Builders Association. Here's their link: http://www.hbamanatee-sarasota.org/ You'll want to deal with a reputable builder. One that pays their sub contractors otherwise you will be obilgated to pay the subs.

If you will be paying cash for the project, hire your own building inspector to check on their progress before issuing the draws. If you will be financing, then start your search for a construction loan now. Your lender will monitor the draws with their own building inspector. This inspector will be working on behalf of the lender. You could hire your own building inspector to double check the progress on your behalf.

Have you researched if the lot that you own requires that you use approved builders for that subdivision? Some have that restriction. Ask about change orders. Have the soil checked for contamination and the lot checked for sink holes. You might anticipate that at the end of the project your end cost might be 10-15% higher than when the project began. You'll need different types of insurance coverage during the project and at the conclusion of the project.

It sounds like an exciting endeavor. We have worked with a number of builders, lenders and building inspectors over the years. Contacting the Sarasota Manatee Home Builders Association is a great place to start.

Lynn Brock
941.313.1234
email@brockrealty-inc.com
I have a few choise vendors I can refer you to. Please contact me for a referral. I am happy to share names with you. "A candle does not lose its light by lighting another candle".
Call me at 9413764229 I know a few good builders who will treat you well and customize your home for you, you wont be disappointed