General Area in Collierville>Question Details

Possiblebuyer, Home Buyer in Collierville, TN

I have heard that there is waste-water treatment plant nearby so people in crystal lake area complain about the foul smell. Can anyone confirm this?

Asked by Possiblebuyer, Collierville, TN Tue Jan 17, 2012

Answers

6
Yes!!! I have lived in Halle Subdivision for some 19 years. The smell has always been horrible the last few days. Always an issue in the evening or very early in the mornings. The smell sometimes permeates inside our home. Not what you want to smell inside your home. We love the area and neighborhoods, but the smell has always been there. Petitions to rid the area of the plant was challenged and the neighbors of the immediate areas lost out.
Cystal Lake is between my area and the treatment plant. When we moved here about 12 years ago, my agent said she did not take listings in the CL area because of the smell.
We lived in the neighborhood beside Crystal Lake from 1998-2007. Not always, but sometimes, during late afternoon and evenings, especially during hot weather, a foul smell reached through Crystal Lake and all the way into our neighborhood. We never smelled it from inside our house but it was noticeable when outside. Our real estate agent discouraged us from buying a house in that neighborhood for that very reason; however, we didn't listen to him. We loved our neighborhood and the smell was never a big enough issue to change our minds. If you like the neighborhood, go for it.
I used to live in the area and there was an odor,usually in the late afternoon.
I live in Crystal Lake. No, there is no smell. If there were a smell, the treatment plant is surrounded by many subdivisions so I can't imagine there being a complaint from one single subdivision.
There is a facility in the area....I do not know if any odor emits from that facility nor have I heard that particular complaint. You might want to drive through and ask residents personally so you get first hand information.