General Area in 89178>Question Details

Feng Shui, Both Buyer and Seller in 89178

I have a water channel for flood control behind my house is that bad luck?

Asked by Feng Shui, 89178 Fri Aug 27, 2010

my house in facing north and the water channel running west to east and it located about 15 - 20 feets from the retainer wall of the house.

Answers

2
I live in California, in an HOA. My home is next to a drainage ditch. The water channels under the street I live on were plugged up in 2004, when a big rainstorm hit us in Victorville. I was flooded in the yard because a wall of water came over the street and reentered the drainage ditch from my property. A street facing my property was the second source of water, that flooded my home itself. Water flowed down my driveway, into my garage, creating a pool of water 3' deep in there, and 5" inside the home. You have to take into consideration the way the water drainage system is maintained, and other factors such as other sources of water flow. Pray that the retaining wall is higher than the water flow level in a storm.
Is it bad luck? I would say it is good luck if it controls water from entering your home! If it doesn't work then that is bad luck.