General Area in Martinez>Question Details

Serenity, Other/Just Looking in Martinez, CA

I have a bachelors of science in human services management, and I have been an on-site property manager for 2 years, Do I need a license?

Asked by Serenity, Martinez, CA Mon Oct 4, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:


Wowsers, better late asking than never.

I found a web site with some info. I cite below and provide the link as well.

Must California property managers have a real estate broker's license?

YES. A broker's license is required for any person or company that, for compensation, leases or rents or offers to lease or rent, or places for rent, or solicits listing of places for rent, or solicits for prospective tenants, or negotiates the sale, purchase or exchanges of leases on real property, or on a business opportunity, or collects rents from real property, or improvements thereon, or from business opportunities. Businesses and Professions Code, Chapter 3, Article 1, Sec. 10131(b). A salesperson working under a broker may engage in such activities.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 4, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer