General Area in Bethpage>Question Details

Ed Hodkinson, Real Estate Pro in Levittown, NY

I don't have alot of experience with Condos. My question is which are more expensive upper units or lower? Is there a difference?

Asked by Ed Hodkinson, Levittown, NY Wed Oct 10, 2012

Answers

5
Not only the view, it's also going to depend on the condition of the unit; a judgement call like everything else in real estate.
In most apartment buildings in Manhattan a higher floor apartment will cost more. They usually will also have a higher monthly cost. As others have mentioned if there is no view or it is blocked then it would not increase the value. You appear to be an agent yourself -what is your opinion?
Check the Air rights, if an adjacent building can potentialy block your view the unit is worth less
Typically higher units sell for more than lower units. In high rise condo buildings higher floors can cost thousands of dollars more. The advantage of upper units is view, safety, distance from road noise, etc.

But I've also seen multi story condo buildings (3 floors or less) where only 1st floor units allowed dogs (patios). So in that case, a 1st floor unit had a unique desirability when compared to upper units and the difference between prices was indiscernible.