Anne Striche…, Other/Just Looking in San Francisco, CA

I do not want to purchase a loft in Dog Patch. What other options abound?

Asked by Anne Stricherz, San Francisco, CA Tue Oct 16, 2007

I am intriguied by this neighborhood and would love to get some feedback from current residents. What do you enjoy about living there? Find frustrating?

Answers

7
Here is a website that can provide you with information on the Dog Patch area. It is slowly starting to make a comeback. http://www.pier70sf.org/dogpatch/dogpatch_history.htm
Pam Winterba…, Real Estate Pro in San Ramon, CA
Dear Anne,

I see "not" is the key word. Other options for loft areas include SOMA, South Beach, Inner Mission/Medical Gulch, Mission and surprisingly Lower Pacific Heights. Since you do ask about Dogpatch you can go to my website and check out the Mayor's Website for info about the City, links on mine that talk about statistics for the area, SF Station for things to do and 2 links to school website. Plus the Convention & Visitors Bureau talks about all areas of the city. Also SF Chamber of Commerce link can tell you about businesses in the area.

Cheers,
Sally
Hi Anne,

I see that some people are confusing the Dog Patch neighborhood in San Francisco with Dogtown in the east bay. I recently helped my client purchase a huge loft (over 1500 square feet) at 701 Pennsylvania in Dog Patch. I know the neighborhood purchasing options and if you would like to discuss, feel free to call me: 756-5730...I can send you photos and take you for a tour...
I can easily identify other lofts/properties in SF that best suit your needs and lifestyle. The MLS is the main tool that agents will use to find properties currently on the market, and as a realtor I can set you up to receive properties that meet your criteria. I am also knowledgeable about new construction and development in the SOMA/SF area. Please contact me if you would like further guidance. It is a buyers market, and developers are giving many incentives for buyers now.
If you are still in the market, I've been doing significant research on the Oakland/Emervyille loft market as I have a potential listing for 16 or so new lofts on the border of Emeryville at pricing comparable to dogpatch....but MUCH better location, in my opinion in regards to safty and proximity to restaurants, cafes, shopping, etc..

I also know several well priced lofts currently listed that I think are strong values. New contruction like the Cannery has been offering strong buyer incentives. One of my clients almost put in an offer for them and I was amazed at what they were offering in terms of financing. HOWEVER, I cautioned her to check out the rest of the inventory outside of dogtown that's either priced a bit higher or is smaller to live in given that it's going to take time to turnover. Let me know if you are still interested!
The area is considered a hidden gem - off the beaten path, GREAT weather, lots of residential neighborhood elements (trees, homes, grass!, etc.), but many, many lofts... However, there is a new development called Espirit Park which will feature a mix of lofts and condo flats... some great units in my opinion.

Mark Choey
Senior Sales Associate / Partner
Climb Real Estate Group / Vanguard Properties
"Dog Patch!" Hopefully, the name will tell you something.

There are better areas to purchase investment property