Susan, Home Buyer in Whitehouse Station, NJ

I'd like to know what local realtors think will be the impact on real estate and property taxes of Merck pulling out of the area. Thanks.

Asked by Susan, Whitehouse Station, NJ Thu Jan 17, 2013

Answers

2
Hi Susan,
Great question! I dont think the impact will be significant. Most of the Merck employees commute to the site from Morris, Somerset, Essex, and even Hudson Counties. Not many were relocated to the area and which would have resulted in an increase in the real estate market values. Being so close to the Bridgewater area as employment center will not impact the closure of the Merck site. If Merck would relocate out of the State of NJ it would impact more significantly.
Hi Susan - I think that's an excellent question, and an issue I have been concerned with and following as well. I can't give my prediction yet as I am still gathering information, but I am interested in what other agents have to say.