General Area in Chalfont>Question Details

Alison, Other/Just Looking in

I currently live in a different state and am interested in relocating to the Chalfont/Doylestown area. Can anyone give me a ballpark of what taxes?

Asked by Alison, Thu Oct 29, 2009

are like for a 4 br single family home? Where I live now, the taxes are very low so I am trying to get a ballpark of what I can afford.

Answers

4
Because this is Central Bucks school district the taxes are a little higher than surrounding areas.
Hi Alison,
The taxes will differ with the age of the home. What type of home are you looking for and in what ballpark price range? I can give you a much better picture of taxes in the area as they do vary. You can check on my website or other site such as Realtor.com, Coldwellbanker.com and put in your criteria. I do a lot of business in those two areas and most of Bucks County.
I'll be more than happy to assist you with any questions or email you properties that may fit your requirements.
Best of Luck!

Frank Dolski
Associate broker
Coldwell Banker Hearthside-Lahaska
f.dolski@cbearthside.com
Web Reference: http://www.FrankDolski.com
Alison,
To answer this question let me list four examples in the areas of interest:

In Chalfont Borough:
A 4 bed, 2 1/2 bath home with 1998 of square footage, .53 of an acre of land and a sales price of $339,000 has a yearly tax of $4210.00
For a larger home, offering 4 bed, 2 1/2 baths, 2635 of square footage and a sales price of $360,000 is $4500.00
In Doylestown:
A 4 bed 2 1/2 bath home with 1822 of square footage and a sales price of $339,000 has a yearly tax of $4331.00
A larger home with 2394 of square footage and a sales price of $374,900 has a yearly tax of $6539.00

The best thing to do is to compare the millage from area to area. There is a website that you can go to and compare townships and boroughs. Please check out www. suburbanrealtorsalliance.com. This site will also link to the area school districts if you need to research them as well.

I hope this information helps! Always feel free to contact me directly if you would like further explanation or relocation information.
Fondly,
Emily Landis Torres
RE/MAX Central
215-362-3100 ext 1793
Direct: 267-640-2327
email: emily@emilyshomeinfo.com
Here is an example 4bd 1/1 bath home

1900 sq feet on .21 acres...taxes are $3,388

hope it helps ya

Sean Dawes