General Area in Napa>Question Details

laura.lujan21, Home Buyer in Sonoma, CA

I currently live in Santa Rosa but I am looking at houses in the Napa area. Are there any areas of Napa that anyone would recommend/not recommend?

Asked by laura.lujan21, Sonoma, CA Thu Jan 12, 2012

Since I have lived in Sonoma County my entire life, I am very familiar with the areas that are considered "good" and "bad" areas here, as far as crime/location/quality goes, but I do not know much about the Napa area. I live a quiet lifestyle, but would like to be semi-close to town. Any opinions are very much appreciated!

Answers

7
Donna Fortenberry’s answer
I live on La Homa Drive in Napa. We have two new beautiful homes next door,selling for 549,000. They are landscaped only in front yard. Also across the street there is amost quarter acre for sale with fixer up house. Nice neighborhood. It is selling for 219,000. Can be subdivided to build house. In good area with school, doctors and hospital close by.
The area around Napa State Hospital (Imola Ave & Soscol Ave, and to the northeast would be undesirable for numerous reasons....the state hospital which seemingly lets inmates wander the neighborhood, low income housing, gang activity, drugs, etc. Ditto for the west side of Napa, an area formerly known as 'Westwood'...also undesirable due to drug activity, although getting better lately. The fact is that the City of Napa is fully at least 50% Hispanic now, so keep that in mind when purchasing a home here.
Great question. Silverado is great if you like golf and tennis. East Napa is great if you want a country feel, but still close to downtown (5 minutes or so). Alta Heights has views. When you live in Downtown Napa you can walk to restaurants and shops. Browns Valley has great schools and a tremendous community feel. North Napa has the best value for what you can buy. And this is just in Napa City. There are many more options as you move North; Yountville, Saint Helena, Calistoga, etc. I would be happy to send you a FREE list of all the properties available in your price range. Just shoot me an email at bart.moore@pacunion.com or call me at 707-334-8811. Good luck!
Web Reference: http://www.themooregrp.com
You need to find a Real Estate Broker that you are comfortable working with and talk to a local lender to find your point. they be patient, but be ready to act quickly when the right house is found.
I am not qualified to give you advice even though I was raised in Napa. However, I do know the best real estate broker in town to call. He is the owner and broker at BRiX Real Estate Inc. and I know he would be happy to help answer any questions whether you planned to use him or not. His name is Dana Lopez.. His number is (707)225-1844 and his website is brixrealestate.com where you can also do a home search for homes in Napa on your own. His email is dana@brixrealestate.com.
Hope you find what you're looking for!
Ty
Web Reference: http://brixrealestate.com/
Much is dependent upon your price range and what you're looking for in terms of "walk score" and your other interests. I like the area just northwest of downtown. There are many older homes that have been remodeled and still have the old style charm.
give me a call to discuss what areas you're looking at. I am a Napa native and I'm happy to help.

Thank you
Matt
707 337 9629
Web Reference: http://napahomes.com