Paulhale, Home Owner in Doylestown, PA

I am working in Lexington and will need to move up shortly. We live in 18901 PA and are looking for towns with a center (restaurants / banks / local

Asked by Paulhale, Doylestown, PA Mon Apr 30, 2012

I am working in Lexington and will need to move up shortly. We live in 18901 PA and are looking for towns with a center (restaurants / banks / local businesses that we can walk to as we do now. Looking for the 'typical' 4br/2.5b colonial or equivalent in these areas. First though is trying to determine whcih places have these areas of focus. I have visited Woburn and Waltham and have stayed in Burlington so far. lexington per se seems pricey for the sock. Schools are a non issue. Suggestions on a direction would be appreciated.

Hi Paul,
I work for Coldwell Banker in Newton Centre, which has a lot to offer as far as restaurants, shopping, local businesses and is only 20 mins. from Lexington and 10 mins. from Boston.
Feel free to email me at and I will send you listings for homes currently on the market in your price range to discuss with you!
Joan Barsamian
Hello Paul...

I work and reside in the MetroWest area which is not too far from Lexington for a commute. The area is noted for it's easy access to shopping and highways and more reasonably priced homes. My office is at Hammond Residential in Framingham where you can get a 4 bedroom 2.5 bath colonial from the 400's plus depending on age, land, and areas in town. Natick, Southborough, and Sudbury also come to mind though a higher priced. There are also many towns in between here and Lexington that may suit your needs that are not as high as Lexington. It would be great to know your price range and your commuting requirements.

I would be delighted to talk with you about the above or send you listings in these areas so you can get an idea of property values. We have plenty of restaurants, banks and businesses in these towns. Walking to them would depend on how close your home was to the centers of these towns.

Let me know if I can be of help,

Lynne Hagopian
508 648-0393
Thanks for the direction. I was looking at
Flag Sun May 13, 2012
I am a bit mixed up. You work in lexington massachusetts, correct? but you live in zip code 18901 in Pennsylvania? Is that correct? well, that is quite thew morning commute.

Areas close to lexington like 10 minutes away that have walkaround areas to shop and eat would be in order of price from most expensive to least R belmont, arlington, and watertown. if schools r a non issue I personally like watertown; better real estate prices, plenty of restaurants, centrally located especially if you want to get on the mass pike. Also, has big watertown square, and even has a few box stores like best buy and home depot.
I know all of these areas well as these r my backyard as far as sales go.
Thank you for your comment and it is a bit of a commute, which is why I wanted to start narrowing down towns (schools are a non-issue) within 30 min of Lexington. Watertown sounds appealing so I'll try to drive around and have dinner there next week perhaps.
Flag Sun May 13, 2012
Here a few more towns that might be of interest such as Reading, Melrose, Malden. If you need more information on any town you can go to, click on community link; if I can be of help let me know
Web Reference:
Here are my top picks... but all depends on your price range...
Arlington (close to center)
Winchester/woburn border
Many parts of Newton
Natick center
West Roxbury
Jamaica Plain