General Area in Dallas>Question Details

Sidney, Home Buyer in Dallas, TX

I am trying to find a live/work/loft-anything- in the Dallas area....

Asked by Sidney, Dallas, TX Mon Mar 10, 2008

I have 4 large dogs (3 pit bulls one mix). My boyfriend, who will be living with me, is very picky- he wants high ceilings, no carpet, a non-corporate owned place, open loft style...the list goes on!! Personally, I really just want to find a place, in a safe area, that will let us live there!! Any advice at all is greatly appreciated! We currently are living in a hotel and well, need I say more?? Thank you! --we are looking to rent--

Answers

5
Hi Sidney,
One thing stood out for me - 4 large dogs - and you want to rent? Dallas is pretty single-pet friendly in our rental market, but you are probably going to look at $500-1000 in pet deposit alone with that many big dogs. You may even be hit with a higher monthly rent for having so many pets.

If you have friends or relatives who will take some of the animals for a while, you may have better luck getting a positive response and lower fees from a potential landlord. It may only be temporary. If the pets are well behaved and the landlord sees the residence is being cared for, they may let you bring the others back into the home without any additional deposits.
All the best.
Ronda

Ronda Allen, Realtor
Certified Purchasing Manager
The Keith Dobbs Team at RE/MAX Dallas Suburbs
I moved to Dallas from Cali and have to tell you that the concept of a true live/work space is difficult to locate in Dallas however there are places you can look. I will tell you that most (like 98%) of the spaces will be corporate owned. The first place I would tell you to look is in the Deep Ellum area. Four years ago I would not have set foot in Deep Ellum (I moved to Preston Hollow instead) but now I am very happily living in a small 800 sq ft loft called Adams Hat. I have 14ft ceilings, concrete floors and original windows. We have a rail station that will open in September and I am a 5 minute walk from the Bark park (dog park). It is a fun area. There are a lot of loft buildings in Deep Ellum that might work for you. If you look around the Fair Park area you can find a lot of open loft spaces as well. A lot of these spaces are roughed out and cater to a sane but edgy clientele. If you are looking for something that is more finished look downtown at spaces like the Third Rail Lofts, the Davis Building, The Mosaic. Now id you REALLY want a hugs space for not a lot of $$$ look in a part of town called the Cedars at places like the American Beauty Mill, The Eagle Lofts and there are others. These spaces are located in a more, mmmmmmmmmmm...interesting part of town but they are gated so you will be safe. If you dig hard enough you will find a space. I am not an agent of any type...I just remember what a struggle it was for me. Let me know if I can help in any other way!
Sidney,

Are you looking for a high-rise? I was thinking maybe you were since you said loft. How many sq. ft.? Call me at 214.417.0801. I think we can help you out.

Thanks.
My budget is pretty low- $1000 is m max and that is honestly pushing it once the cost of bills is added in- I do not/will not have interenet,cable, phone-things like that. I am pretty sure that I am out of luck.
I apologize for my prior answer I overlooked you stated you wanted to rent. however unconfirmed of your budget

972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Specify your search based on our website or search for over 2000 Dallas houses for lease
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com