General Area in Burlington>Question Details

Lia, Home Seller in Harrisburg, IL

I am the home owner of 1110 S. Cheney St. Hbg.Il. Did you get my permission to advertise my home?

Asked by Lia, Harrisburg, IL Tue Nov 27, 2007

This is a written request for you to take my home off your site, you do not have my permission to advertise my home. Where do you come up with your stats? Saying the average is $106,566!! Your hurting my sale more than helping. No thank you!!! Lia Milstead

Answers

8
Lia... I would contact Trulia's customer service regarding your question. You could be advertising your home on another website that feeds to Trulia. I would check the web locations that you have advertised and they should disclose where the listing feeds.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 27, 2007
If you, when it was a FSBO, or your agent posted you home on another site, many automatically feed into Trulia. It may have gotten there that way.
Emily,

google the address and u will see that it is on trulia.
Hi Lia,

I haven't been able to locate this listing on our site. Can you add a post here and reference the webpage where you see your listing information?

Emily Gibson
Customer Service Representative
The unfortunate thing here Lia is that Trulia is not the only website that provides "comparable" figures that are off. Many buyers are logging onto Zillow.com for an assessment and I find that 98% of the time Zillow is off as well in my area.

This has become a challenge for many of us realtors. Most buyers don't understand that these sites aren't as polished as they need to be for buyers to rely on them 100%

It is going to be up to your realtor to educate buyers about the use of website for evaulation AND for him/her to provide them with a real time evaluation of her own to prove her point.

Good Luck . . . I share in your frustration.
From the end of July to Nov.1st I was FSBO but I signed with a realtor Nov.1st. I have contacted her and she doesn't know anything about this site. Most likely they feed through another site. I appreciate all the answers.
Good question. I don't see any agent or broker feed on this listing. How did it get there . . . a local MLS feed? Are you a for sale by owner or are u with an agent?
Lia, Is your home listed with an agent? If so, your agent is responsible for your listing being on this site! Talk to your agent, they can be of help to you.