General Area in Winooski>Question Details

Sonia, Home Buyer in Cincinnati, OH

I am relocating to VT soon. How safe is Winooski to buy a house there? Is it a good area? Thank you very much! Sonia

Asked by Sonia, Cincinnati, OH Wed Apr 20, 2011

I am not sure about whether to rent or buy a home in the Burlington area since I am not familiar with it. I have noticed that the house prices in Winooski are lower than in Burlington. I was wondering whether Winooski is a safe area to live in. Is it a good place to buy a house? I have read that the Old North End is not safe but have not heard much about Winooski. What about the New North End? It also seems that houses are less expensive there. Provided that renting a 2BR unit would cost ~ 1,200 a month, I was wondering whether it would make more sense to make a downpayment and, for the some monthly fee, have my own 2BR home. Thank you very much for your help in advance! Sonia

Answers

3
Bill Desautels (802) 655-9100’s answer
Sonia
Thank you for your inquiry about property in the Burlinton area. Prices traditionally are lower in Winooski than they are in Burlington due to the convienence of living within walking distance of everything the Burlington Community has to offer. Winooski really is a great option becaue the home values are lower and you are only minutes to the same Downtown Burlington area. In the market we are in, it would make sense for you to purchase rather than rent especially if your monthly expenses would be similiar. I would like to have a short conversation with you to discuss what homes in this area have to offer you. When you get a free moment call me and we can chat about this. Thanks Mike Preseau 800-6394520 x288
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 21, 2011
Dear Sonia,
You are wise to understand that it makes good financial and emotional sense to own your own home rather than rent someone else's! As to the safety issue, Vermont is a "safer" place to live than many places. Chittenden County is the largest county in the state with just over 152,000 people in the county and nearly 622,000 in the State. The following website was recommended by the Winooski Police to give you safety data: http://vtweb.beyond2020.com/vconpublic/Browse/browsetables.aspx. Please visit our website at http://www.LivingVermont.com for real estate offerings and additional information regarding Vermont.
Thank you for your inquiry!
Charlotte Gardner
802-862-2973
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 20, 2011
WINOOSKI IS NOTTT SAFE NOR IS BURLINGTON IS FULL OF DRUGS AN VIOLETS OF GUN SHOOTINGS AN FIGHTING AN TODAY MY KIDS SCHOOL JUST HAD TWO GUNNED MEN AN IF U ASK ME ITS THE WROST THING EVER,,,, NOT A GOOD PLACE TO LIVE OR COME TO VISIT