General Area in Miami>Question Details

Omaha Mom, Renter in Miami, FL

I am relocating from Nebraska to Florida and am looking for the best area to move into

Asked by Omaha Mom, Miami, FL Sat Apr 28, 2012

Renting not Buying yet! :)

Answers

14
Renting first to get situated is a great idea, absolutely!

Since your Trulia.com name means there must be some children coming with you :) - Aventura and Sunny Isles Beach have the best public schools. However, there are also private schools around South Florida, if you like private schools better.

In addition to schools, these areas offer a lot of outdoors activities - tennis, cayaking, biking (Oleta River park), anything to do with water and air...

Overall, Miami has a lot of things to offer in terms of culture also - many film and other types of festivals, great concerts/shows, galleries...lots of places to enjoy some international cousine...

For more info on different areas,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
IrinaKaran@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 29, 2012
Miami Beach, Bal Harbor, Surfside, Sunny Isles, Aventura. These cities are all Oceanfront and 15 minutes to Miami Interantional Airport. Best living in South Florida.

Yolande Citro
Cell: 1 305 968 1763

http://www.yolandecitro.com/
English, French, Italian & Spanish
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 29, 2012
Hi
One of our many best areas to be is Aventura , sunny isles or surfside I specialize in theses areas an would love to assist u in finding the right home
Here in Miami ,my number is 305 300 8540 if I can of assistance to u an your family
Anthony Khouri
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 28, 2012
Thanks, I am very busy now a days so email would be easiest for me if that's possible and I will def save your number if email isn't an option. mstiff402@yahoo.com. Thanks again.
Flag Sat Apr 28, 2012
Call me I have experience on relocation 305-794-8435 or my email olsfla@hotmail.com
If you are familiar with Miami you should know more or less the area you like to live, if you are not familiar with Miami I need to know the amount of money you want to spend in your new house. Please contact me at 305-794-8435 or my email olsfla@hotmail.com
Thanks for all the responses! I am truly blown away! didn't expect all this in a short amount of time! WOW! Ok, I am thinking about Aventura for sure.... My research starts now beginning with schools, work, ect. I know this is a lot of work but I am determined to make this move! :) I will be contacting one of the agents that have rental properties in the Aventura areas! Thanks again! See ya soon Florida!
Hello Omaha Mom,

I would look around the area wher you will be working, we have some crazy traffic and living to far from work will take time away from your family.Your budget will also determin where you can and cannot affort to live.If you are not sure you should rent for one year ,that way you get the idea of where you would like to live.
Let me know if i can help,

http://www.rosiemorot.com
Dear Omaha Mom,

As a transplant from Iowa I can tell you nowhere will you find a higher quality of life than northern Palm Beach County. Having been from Jacksonville to Key West and Naples to Pensacola and most points in between I know the state very well. There are some amazing places to call home but many differences in weather, lifestyle and landscape; stay below Vero Beach on the east coast and Sarasota on the west coast if you want the best winter weather. The best place I can point you is a brief blog I did about the Jupiter area a while ago;

http://tompriester.wordpress.com/2010/06/04/jupiter-rocks/

As a resident of Jupiter, I work throughout Palm Beach and Martin Counties, and a great place to start is by defining your goals and comparing the lifestyles and housing costs of areas that you are interested in. There are so many different options available to us that reside in the state and I have selected Jupiter because of the quality of life that we enjoy. From my viewpoint, there is no finer place to reside that the Jupiter area; from the best schools, to a fantastic economy fueled by many factors and of course the wonderful facilities of Max Planck and Scripps Institute, to incredible unspoiled beaches, unbelievable dining and shopping options, numerous boating and golf opportunities, uncrowded streets, low crime and just the overall kindness of our residents. Recently we were out with a client from up north who commented on just how nice everyone is; and why not as we are truly lucky to live in Paradise.

I work almost entirely as a buyers agent in Palm Beach and Martin Counties and certainly would be honored to be on the list of Realtors® you interview and happy to be of assistance in any way that I can. If you are in the area and would like a tour I would enjoy showing you why I am so fortunate to call Jupiter my hometown.

I hope this information is helpful but if you need anything additional please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
Greetings from Fl

Southeast Florida is a multicultural place to live. My remendation if you don't know the areas very well, please rent for 7 months to a year first.

Take a look my following comments:
1. Elegant, close the water - high end. Go to Brickell, Key Biscayne, Coral Gables.
2. Family with children, better schools, a lot of parks etc. Go to Weston
3. If you want big lots not very expensive, horses and little farm environment go to Plantation
4. If you want live close to a nice office, close to the beach and restaurants. Go to Fort Lauderdale
5. But if you would like to live more the American style, Not to rush, families or communities with most of thr members above the 40 yrs old and don't care to much about the distance to MIA airport go to West Palm Beach

Please don't hesitate to contact me for further information. I have lived in 5 different countries and being moved 7 times. I understand a little whatit takes each move.

Respectfully,

Fernando Paiz PA
NOVUS REALTY LLC
954-217-2555
http://www.fernandopaiz.com
Web Reference: http://www.fernandopaiz.con
As long as you are not more explicit with regard to your expectations, it will be very hard for any agent to help you and you will spend a lot of time to look around ;-)
A good realtor has to ask you many questions in order to find out WHAT IS your"BEST" area.
"Best" is too much subjective and I would suggest you contact me for a deeper analysis.
After that I will provide you some focused choices and you won't loose time.
Call me: 305 491 0492 or write me your ideas by email: HansKlemmRE@gmail.com
Best to you
HANS
Hello, it will all depend on a couple of factors. Mainly the lifestyle you are looking for is the first thing to consider... Do you want to be near the beaches, dinning and shopping? Do you need to be near a particular place of work or school?

The best tactic is to research neighborhoods, some excellent sources of information will be city websites, our site offer descriptions of neighborhoods, buildings and surrounding areas. Please feel free to browse http://www.miamicitylifestyle.com . Also, if you have family or friends which currently reside in South Florida you will find their advice most helpful.

Good luck and if we may be of additional assistance please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank You.
Greetings Omaha! I think renting first is a smart strategy. Miami has many neighborhoods, and finding one that will be a good fit for you and your family will be a bit of an adventure. My best tip is to figure out where you need to go - work, school, etc. and then live as close as you can afford to that. Traffic here is out of control! Ann
If you are relocating to Central Florida, feel free to contact me...

Do you have a rough idea of where you are looking in Florida? North, central, south?
I was looking at all areas, no preference on demographics. Just a great place to live, a change for my family and I.
Flag Sat Apr 28, 2012