General Area in Fort Worth>Question Details

Mojo_jojo, Home Buyer in Kissimmee, FL

I am planning to relocate to Fort Worth in March and have a home in NJ. Not sure what the best way to do this? Any help appreciated!?

Asked by Mojo_jojo, Kissimmee, FL Sat Jan 18, 2014

Answers

16
Hi Mojo,
Unlike most of the answers you have received so far, I am not a realtor.I live in the North Fort Worth area and have since 2005. If you have specific questions, I am happy to help.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 23, 2014
~I'll tell you why, Kim. Because you have a limited amount of experience and you are biased by where you live and what you know. ~A Realtor is not. Realtors are trained to seek out the needs of a family and help them find the right schools, the right neighborhoods, and the best location for THEM, not YOU. Not only do I have 42 years of experience moving with the military, I also have 34 years of experience helping families relocate to the Tarrant County area. Some of the areas in the county are nice looking at first glance, but they do not have the best schools. Ask yourself how much knowledge you have about the parts of the county that you don't live in? And better yet, ask yourself why you are not studying for a real estate license if you are so interested in giving advice to other people who are moving. I wish you well, but leave this type of thing to the professionals. And do what you are qualified to do. Have a blessed day!
Flag Fri Jan 31, 2014
Rick, like I already mentioned, I am not a realtor. I am however a resident of Ft. Worth and as a military spouse I have lived all over and know what it is like when you are relocating to an area you are not familiar with. I'm not quite sure why you have taken offense to that.
Flag Mon Jan 27, 2014
What makes you qualified to help these people??
Flag Thu Jan 23, 2014
Mojo,

If you are trying to learn about Fort Worth and its surrounding area then I would suggest that you come and visit and have a look around. A realtor can assist you by educating and sharing what each area has to offer. Think about where you work, how long you are willing to commute from work, school, your budget either for leasing or purchasing, whether you need to live close to a family member/friends etc.

I'd be happy to assist you further. Feel free to call me at 469-371-2899.

Take care,
Susie Kay, Realtor®
GRI, CHMS, SFR
Residential/Commercial/Investment
English-Indonesian-Hokkien
------------------------------------------------------------------
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240
469-371-2899
susie_k@att.net

http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net

Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
Find out what you are approved for. Find a good agent that can advise you on the areas that are best for what you're looking for to get set up to receive MLS listings on all the home available in those areas. If you need an agent in Ft Worth and/or a lender I would be happy to refer you to one. I know some of the best agents in the DFW area.
Mojo,

Did you get your question answered? This entire home search is about YOU, not me, so let me know if you've seen the answer you wanted or if all this banter has you completely CONFUSED! I'd love to help you sort it all out. Have a relaxing evening! :)
Not exactly what your question is....but .....
maybe you can rent here first if you want to sell in NJ.
Sell your home, get the cash, and then buy here?

Sell your house now in NJ and have cash ready when you get here to buy?

Rent your house in NJ and rent or buy here?, but check with your lender first to make sure you can buy two homes.

Just let us know how we can help.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Caution ---

Don't get yourself boxed into a closet by talking to the wrong people first. You will want to consult with a knowledgeable Realtor FIRST. Be aware that I don't run your credit report and take the risk of lowering your score before you are READY to submit an application to a loan officer. Everything you discuss with me is held in confidence, whereas anything you say to a loan officer will put your application at risk. There are many rules which you may need to be aware of before you go blundering into a lender's office. There are ways to "shelter" your financial information so that only what is needed is laid on the table for the lender to scrutinize. You will be more likely to get approved if you understand the rules first before you plunge into the spotlight of seeking a loan, where even your underwear may get inspected!

I can provide you with a comprehensive service, at no charge to you, which will answer all your questions, and find a solution for all of your Real Estate needs. That includes your property in NJ as well as your future property in Texas, AND a place you can rent temporarily, if that is what it turns out you need.

I have many hundreds of satisfied customers from the 34 years I have been practicing the profession in two states, and referring clients to the exact specialists they need to deal with in the other 48. Contact me directly by phone, text, or email at your earliest convenience. We need to talk...

Have a blessed day!

Rick DeVoss

ULTRA Real Estate Services
817-300-6121

WholeLife@Yahoo.com
==================
The bottom line is........you will need two agents - one, here in NJ, and one in Fort Worth.

Just to add to my post below - since dealing with your home here (either renting it out, or selling it) may be pivotal in what you do next in TX, your first move should be to select an agent here, along with one from TX..

Together they can help you coordinate this move.
I worked with a transferee moving here from New Mexico - I was on the phone often with the NM agent to help bring it all together.

I am surprised no one else from NJ responded here as yet.

Certainly, you have a number of interested Fort Worth agents to reach out to.

So - If your home is in the Essex, Morris or Union County area, I can certainly help you. Otherwise, I can also help you find someone who is in your area, as my company has numerous offices in other counties.

Best wishes.......
I an an Accredited buyers rep and a certified negotiator.i help people from out of state a lot.i can help find a agent in our sister company to sell your home and I can help you find one here.i will set you up on a Free program to get emails of homes that meet your criteria. Email penny.adjerson@winansbhg.com 817-528-7706 I help a guy from Maryland look his letter to me on trulia
What would you be doing with the home in NJ? Do you want to sell or keep as a rental?
Contact me and we can discuss all your lending options, plus once approved I can put you in contact with the right agent.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Arthur Garcia III
817-992-6740
agarcia@ssbtmortgage.com
NMLS# 991969

I see you're getting a lot of responses, and I'm sure you will get many more. I can help you with both selling your home in NJ and purchasing one here in Fort Worth. My company works with the largest relocation company and we are able to connect sellers and buyers with agents all over the world. They are good quality agents that must have the right qualifications and production. I too am relocation certified, and work not only with transferees, but with anyone wanting to buy or sell. I can also help if it's a rental you're looking for. Give me a call and I would be happy to get both processes started for you.

I look forward to the opportunity to assist you.

Cheryl Wages, Realtor
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
214-924-5300
Cheryl.wages@cbdfw.com
http://www.CherylWages.com
Sir --- What you are seeking is an in-depth consultation with an experienced Realtor, and not just somebody who says "check my website", or some flip answer in two sentences that doesn't apply to your scenario.

I retired from moving around for 22 years in the military, and I understand what you are going through. I also have been selling homes in the Fort Worth area for more than 33 years, so I am very knowledgeable about this area. I will be happy to give you some professional advice on how to sequence your move and the disposal of your NJ property. You may or may not have the ability to purchase a house right away in Tarrant County, but we will take it one step at a time. There is no fee for my consultation, and we can begin by phone or email even before you arrive in the DFW Metro-plex.

Once you are here, we will follow a checklist to achieve your goals and find the best house for your family. Please contact me directly for more details.

Rick DeVoss

ULTRA Real Estate Services
817-300-6121

WholeLife@Yahoo.com
==================
Dear Robert,

I would be delighted to assist you in your real estate needs. Your current home sounds wonderful, and would enjoy seeing the pictures. I would like to find out a little more information regarding your needs for your new home, i.e. # of bedrooms, bathrooms, likes, dislikes, etc.. Born and raised in Fort Worth, my knowledge of the local market will benefit your situation for selling your existing home, and locating and acquiring your new home. I look forward to speaking with you.

Sincere regards,

Marcus Lancaster, Realtor
Marcus@alexanderchandler.com

Alexander Chandler Realty, LLC
6336 Camp Bowie Boulevard
Fort Worth, Texas 76116
817.975.2148 Cell
817.806.4100 Office
817.806.4110 Fax
A lot depends on what you'd like to accomplish in your move. Please feel free to call me so we can discuss what would best suit your needs.

God bless,
Enyinna Ezeife-Oshakuade
Associate Broker
817-808-7831mobile
817-886-0679direct
866-421-1042fax
http://allsprings.kwrealty.com
Licensed R.E. Broker in MA & TX
*Making dreams come true.
Is your preference to purchase ? Rent ? I work with many families in same circumstance happy to assist with your relocation to DFW area.

My website is updated daily therefore saves you time search accurate information

Contact my office today where I can show you many amazing homes work with your family specifications.
_________________________________________
Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com 100's of Dallas homes listed for sale or lease

Follow me on Facebook and Twitter
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
https://twitter.com/Lynn911

(If my answer is helpful indicate by THUMBS UP or BEST ANSWER. Thank you )
HI there!
Well, I have some questions!

1. Are you planning to buy or rent in Fort Worth? (is this a permanent move?)
2. Are you planning to sell your NJ home, or hold it and rent it out?
3. If you're going to buy - CAN you buy without selling first?? - Do you have a down payment if you decide to hold onto the house and rent it out?

and finally - how do YOU see this playing out?

If you have no intention of moving back to NJ, and you do not want to be a landlord, then selling here is something you need to start working on NOW, considering you have a March "move" date.

Call in a few local agents to give you a market analysis so you will have a reasonable expectation of what your home is worth (hopefully you are able to sell and don't find yourself in a short sale situation). Ask for written marketing plans............compare and contrast what is being offered.

At the same time, connect with a Fort Worth agent and discuss your needs and wants......they can also, if needed, put you in touch with a mortgage rep who can go over the financials with you....

By then you should have some idea of whether you want to buy or rent.......of course, you may not be able to buy if you need to sell in NJ, first, so that information will be useful in coming up with a plan.

I often advise transferees to rent for a short term just so they can get a feel for the new area. That would obviously involve making another move, but everyone is different in how they adjust to a new city. Only you know what your comfort level is.

Hope this helps get you started
If you're in my part of NJ, please let me know if I can be of help!

Best wishes.........
Debbie Rose
Prudential NJ Properties
email: Debbie.Rose@PrudentialNewJersey.com

Give me a call and we can discuss your situation. Please feel free to use my website. It will give you an idea whats available here in the Fort Worth market.

John Reaves
Fort Worth Texas Real Estate
817-789-5542
www,cowtownhomesales.com