Blooming1, Renter in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I am moving to the LA area. I have school aged children and would like somewhere safe and family oriented. I like rancho and diamond bar...ideas?

Asked by Blooming1, Rancho Cucamonga, CA Mon Jan 23, 2012

We are white, I get the feeling that asians are the dominant culture. I don't mind lots of cultures, but will my kids feel left out? I am a single mom and having my kids blend in is important to me. I want to find a blend of family...fun...good schools and safe. Help!

Answers

7
Jamie Hennessey’s answer
I, too, was a single Mom raising my daughter when she was in elementary school. I totally can relate where you are coming from and it's a great question. I have lived in Rancho Cucamonga since 1977 and have grown up here in Rancho Cucamonga. I have always felt safe in all of the neighborhoods that I have resided in. There is definitely lots to do here in Rancho Cucamonga as well as having major attractions close by. Snow skiing is about 45 minutes away; Disneyland and other amusement parks within 45 minutes and the beach is about an hour away. Here in Rancho there are lots of "kid" oriented events that the city offers like concerts and movies in the park where the whole neighborhood comes out to the local parks. It gives you that "small town" feeling to raising your children. The City also offers lots of "kid" friendly classes and events. I enjoyed raising my daughter where I grew up. The Victoria Gardens Mall is a great place to go to with all of their events as well as their spectacular holiday events. The schools are excellent here in Rancho and I have personal knowledge from my own experience from attending the schools here as well as my daughter has attended those same schools. We have a lot of families where the parents grew up here and their kids end up having the same teachers as they did as strange as that sounds. I have found that the teachers really care about the students and they now have a new system called "School Loop" where you can have directly contact with the teacher, your child's grades, quiz and test scores as well as all homework assignments so they never fall behind because you are able to participate first hand. You would truly be happy living here and raising your children here.

Please contact me if you have any questions.
Jamie Hennessey
Re/Max Champions
(909)816-4766
Consider Walnut - excellent schools and newer homes - newest city in Los Angeles County. Homes in Diamond Bar are also nice, but slightly older than Walnut. Rancho Cucamonga has even newer homes, but schools may not compare to Walnut. My office is now in Diamond Bar so I know San Gabriel Valley. Call me.
Web Reference: http://BillMota.com
Hi! Funny you mention DB and Rancho. I grew up in Diamond Bar and currently live and work in Rancho Cucamonga- a full time Realtor. Call me, I have a few opinions on this, being a single mom also. I understand your concerns.

Janna Piper
(951) 903-3134
For school information see link http://www.greatschools.org/ When it comes to any safety/crime related issues, it's always best to contact the local police department with all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand. If unfamiliar with the area do revisit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors. Real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods, so you should check out demographics on your own to assure your comfort level can be reached....
http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/
https://www.crimereports.com/
Diamond Bar and Rancho Cucamonga are very nices areas. They are very culturally diverse. I don't see you having any problems with respect to safety. Always drive and check out the areas at night and also during the day so you can get the feel for the neighborhood you would like to move to. I would be happy to help you locate a home in the area you prefer. Please contact me with any questions, I would be more than happy to help. (951)809-8184 Margarita Junak
There are several nice safe communities in the San Gabriel Valley. Those with top schools include Walnut, Covina (South Hills High School), Alhambra, Hacienda Heights. Rancho Cucamonga is well rated and has many newer homes. Price and home size may dictate what your budget allows. I worked in West Covina for 15 years, and now live in Hacienda Heights and work in Diamond Bar. I'd be happy to work with you if you can give me some more information about your needs so I can make suggestions.
Hope to hear from you soon. Bill Mota 626) 233-0190
Web Reference: http://BillMota.com
Yes, I've lived in southern california all my life. I currently live in Rancho Cucamonga and love it! There are other communities that are great, others not so great. If you are a renter and if you haven't owned a home in the last 3 years, you are considered a first time home buyer. I have helped quite a few get "down payment assistance" (DAP) programs as much as 80K in free money. The trick is, there are very few lenders that offer some of these programs. I have researched many of them. I'm not a lender, nor do I get any benefit from the lender. I just investigate for my clients and refer them. I figure, if you were a relative and I could get my relative 50k, why not a stranger. What goes around comes around! I've blessed quite a few and they've blessed me back by recommending me to others. :) It all works out. They're more work in many cases but I think they are definately worthwhile! Feel free to call me if you have any questions. 909-917-6176 Feel free to click on my name or photo and check out my profile.