John Evans, Renter in San Mateo, CA

I am moving from San Francisco to Whitehouse Station on a job transfer. I would like to know safe family friendly neighborhoods for renting apartment

Asked by John Evans, San Mateo, CA Mon Aug 30, 2010

Welcome to Hunterdon County! Whitehouse Station is located in Readington Township. Readington boasts Blue Ribbon & Star Schools! It is a wonderful area to raise a family. I grew up and live in Readington Township. If you would like to get a better feel for the area, please check my website, You will find schools info, transportation, recreation, etc. All in one source! You will truly be amazed at the beauty of our area, yet the convenience to major cities (NYC is THE CITY!), sports, NJ shore, hiking & skiing, etc. Once again welcome!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 19, 2010
If you are committed to Whitehouse, which is a great area with highly-rated schools, then the names of the developments you may want to consider are: Whitehouse Village (townhomes), Cedarbrook ( 2 & 3 BR condominiums), and Lake Cushetunk (townhomes and single family.) They are all located on the Hwy 22 corridor. They are not rental communities per se, but there are owners who have listed their properties for rent with real estate agents. Price and length of term vary and are subject to negotiation. Any of the qualified agents here will be glad to help you! Good luck.
Hi John, you'll find great options in Branchburg, Readington and neighboring Bridgewater. Depending on your requirements, there are many townhomes and homes to choose from.

I'm sending a link to a NYTimes article about the impressions of one homebuyer - who ultimately did select the Branchburg area over other options as a great value.

A great resource to evaluate the school systems is the Star Ledger (our local paper) Report Card - working in Whitehouse Station, you could live in Hunterdon or Somerset Counties so broaden your view to include options in both. For instance, I assisted a family with a purchase (Trulia Buyer incidentally!) in Tewksbury in Hunterdon County - workplace is in Whitehouse Station, so consider that an option too.

And finally here is a gallery of available rental options in communities that you may consider:…

I do business in both Hunterdon and Somerset County and regularly work with relocating buyers. I would be happy to assist in any way.

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
Web Reference:
Oh, and in reference to Sameer's response below, no worries about Football Season starting.. you're within an hour of 3 NFL teams here in Whitehouse Station. In NJ are the Giants & Jets, and just south of us if your so inclined are the Eagles in Philly.

Web Reference:
WELCOME to Hunterdon County NJ!! I have been in this area for 20+ years and absolutly love it here. Am a volunteer in the Emergency Services during some of my free time. Anyhow, in Whitehouse Station you have a great selection, basically of any area. If you'd like to reach out to me with some more information about your needs, preferred type of housing, and some info about your family requirements, I'd be happy to set you up with some available properties and give you insites into each one!

Once again, welcome to the RIGHT coast from the LEFT coast.

Howard "Bucky" Buchanan, SFR
Weichert Realtors
Mobile: 908-566-5547
eFax: 908-847-0239
Web Reference:

Not sure, but i'm sure in the morning you will get some agents in that area to respond. I'm also in the bay area..I bet you are going to miss San Francisco. How can you leave its football season coming up!!!
Web Reference: