General Area in Naples>Question Details

Mr Q, Both Buyer and Seller in Naples, FL

I am looking to relocate to the Naples or Fort Myers area in the next 6 month or so. can anybody tell me which area is better?

Asked by Mr Q, Naples, FL Sun Apr 15, 2012

Answers

7
I have been selling real estate in both Lee and Collier Counties since 1981. I have lived in several locations in Florida since 1965. I would be happy to have a long chat with you any evening about the different cities, amenities, and property opportunities. I am a buyer broker, I specialize a in matching personalities, pocketbooks and properties. There is no additional cost for my specialized services. I am friendly and easy to talk to. My direct line is 1-800-283-7393 Beverly Howe, ABR, GRI, TRC, CIPS, Broker@floridabuyerbroker.com. I am "the original" Florida Buyer Broker
You will have a different feel at both places. Ft. Myers provides more of a working environment. Naples on the other hand, is a leisure place. Both places have its plus and minuses, advantages and disadvantages, and depend on what lifestyle you are looking for. The best way is probably for you to visit both places (they are connected through Bonita Springs and Estero, places to consider also). Then decide whether you prefer living in a gated community, condo, or individual residence, family or single, long term or short term and financials. Also if you have investing in mind there is a different way of looking at things. I have found homes that fit what my clients looked for in either place and are still happy with their choices.
That's not a problem.

Does it makes sense to figure out what type of activities you'll enjoy partaking in while you live here and whether you'll be working or retired?
Definitely without a doubt NAPLES - Better restaurants, shopping, beaches, social activities and more upscale in every sense. I suggest getting literature from the Chamber of Commerce and visiting both places. Maria Coords (239) 682-8321
Your decision should be based upon possibly the following criteria:
what type of lifestyle you have or want to have; condo community, amenities you desire,(tennis or golf community), single family homes, villa home, etc... whether you're retired or soon to be retired and prefer a 55+ community free from kids other than the residents visiting grandkids!

LOACATION-LOCATION-LOCATION-do you want to be within 1-2 miles of the beach in Naples, or if you choose Ft. Myers, consider the only access to Ft. Myers Beach is a two lane road off Summerlin, or you can travel West on Bonita Beach Rd and travel North along Bonita Beach Road to gain access to a number of beachsites before getting to Ft. Myers Beach, where, in season is not an easy task!

IF location of schools, colleges, Southwest Intl Airport , the Arts, Community , Sports events, shopping, etc...
is a priority, it is imperative you take your time, do your research on both areas, drive in and out of areas that interest you and you will likely feel drawn to a specific community, and contact a REALTOR with living and working experience in Lee and Collier counties, who will share with you openly the BEST & NOT SO in all areas. I've worked as a REALTOR, 20+ years in Ft. Myers, Cape Coral, Estero, N. Naples and the areas of Naples west of Airport Pulling to Gulfshore Blvd, and Immokalee Rd in N. Naples, to the City of Naples, Olde Naples, The Moorings, Parkshore, to the southern most point of Port Royal and Aqualane Shores.

I am a resident-owner in both areas more than 35+ years and would be happy to assist you in this most important desision.
That depends on what you're looking for. They both have pros and cons. Best to visit both to see which best meets your needs.
I think there is a big difference between the areas. You have to spend time in each area to see if it is a fit for you. If you can tell me what is important to you in an area, I can help you better. I also suggest you start working with a top realtor in these areas to keep you up.