General Area in Mayfair>Question Details

John, Home Buyer in Mayfair, Philadelphia,...

I am looking to buy a house for about $100,000.

Asked by John, Mayfair, Philadelphia, PA Wed Jan 13, 2010

Mayfair seemed an obvious choice because the area is inexpensive and safe. The only problem with the area is that it is a bit far from work. (intersection of Belmont and City Ave)

Can you recommend other nearby neighborhoods in this price range?

Is Mayfair a good decision for a first time home buyer?

Answers

4
Hi JOhn,

I just ran a search for you and found a good number of very affordable and very nice homes, all within half an hour of where you work. Please call me at your earliest convenience and we can discuss with what I found.

Thanks so much!

Lorri Paster
Weichert Realtors
Blue Bell, Pa
267-240-5767
Hello John,
Mayfair isn't a bad decision but like many city neighborhoods is has it good parts & bad parts. If you want please send me an email and I will be glad to put together a search for you in this and the surrounding area. This way you can take a look at everything that is currently available on the market and make a better decision.

There are a few other nice neighborhoods that will fit into your budget but I will need some further information from you like bedrooms, bath, etc..

You can either give me a call (215) 821.6262 or email me back Brian@BMCeasyhomehelp.com and I will take care of anything you need.

Thank You & Have a Great Day!

Brian J. McCloud
Realtor, Real Estate Investor
Direct. 215- 821-6262 Fax. 215-402-1013
Brian@BMCeasyhomehelp.com || FREE Homeowner Videos TODAY ! ===> http://www.BMCeasyhomehelp.com
You could certainly find something in that price range in Delaware County. With all the foreclosures around you could find something that needs a little work and make it perfect for your needs. Let me know if you would like neighborhood updates.

Thank You,
Brian Fletcher
Lincoln Realty
610-312-3158
Mayfair is certainly an option given your budget, but like you said it's far from where you work. Other areas to consider might be Overbrook, Wynnefield, or South Philly - all of which have some nice homes available for around $100,000. Feel free to give me a call or email to discuss more in depth what you're looking for, I'm familiar with all the popular entry-level neighborhoods like the ones you're looking at.

James Yoakum - Realtor
Brown McKinney Real Estate
1631 W. Cabot St., Ste. 100
Philadelphia, PA 19121
office: 215-825-2250 x.1002
cell: 267-496-7739
fax: 610-910-3046
jyoakum@brownmckinney.com