General Area in Chicago>Question Details

L, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

I am looking into a place to rent in Chicago that accepts larger dogs. I am finding most places accept smaller dogs under 30lbs.

Asked by L, Chicago, IL Thu Apr 26, 2012

I love the look of the Lex and more modern condos.

Answers

6
meganrajski’s answer
I have a unit for rent that is not downtown (and I am not a real estate agent) but it is in a northern neighborhood-modern condo with parking included. And I have a large dog, so we are renting it out with no pet/weight restrictions if you are interested in talking more!
I'm assuming that many of the units you are looking at are in high rises. You will have a much better chance when you focus your efforts away from downtown and the right on the lake. There are actually plenty of options that allow larger dogs. You just need a good agent like myself to find you one. Let me know if I can help out in any capacity.
Greetings L,

Large Dogs in Large Condo buildings will be a problem. If you are looking in the downtown area, then you may have some difficulty

Your best bet is to find a rental in a building that has 2-6 units.

Should you need any assistance, I'd be glad to help.

Woof Woofingly Yours,

Bill J D.
655 W Irving Park has no pet weight limit. Rent includes heat, act, basic cable, use of pool,gym and sundeck. I've lived there for 7years and can vouch for the building being awesome. Email me if you'd like to see some units for rent
I am also a large dog owner. I understand what you are going through. I know many nice buildings that do not have weight limits. I would be happy to help you find a place.

Best of luck,
Ivan Sagel
312-515-7823
IvanSagel@DwellOneRealty.com
Finding condo buildings that accept large dogs is always an issue. Most buildings have weight limits of 30-40lbs to keep out the big dogs yet it's usually the small ones that bark all the time. even if the building accepts large dogs sometimes the owners do not want them. It might be helpful to have an agent set up a search in addition to what you are doing on your own to try to cover all the potential bases.